Steve Jobs Resigns From Post as Apple's CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Well, I wish the best of health for Mr. Jobbs.

However, I don't see him as the kind of leader that would put a strong successor for his post as CEO in his place, perhaps in part do to his ego, but certainly in part because of his overbearing nature that he is reported to have within the company (based on a number of case studies I have read). Unless the board of directors makes a strong decision for his successor, not some puppet, but a real strong leader... Apple will collapse with an unclear vision of how to proceed.

Azimuth01

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Speculation is that he is terminal with cancer. I'm not an Apple fan, but I've bought numerous apple products as gifts over the years. They have always brought a smile to the recipients face.
I hope the speculation is false. Regardless of my personal opinion of Apple, I can't deny the overwhelming impact he has had on the tech sector. For good or bad, he is a force that will be missed.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
No WAY!! A friend of mine, who is an Apple fanboy, and I were talking about one day when Jobs steps down due to health reasons earlier today. What a freakish coincidence.

kanaida

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I hope the guys is okay, never wish anyone else harm. However as for the company... it's finally the beginning of the end. Thankfully. I hope it makes all of the wrong moves and finally the fad ends and everyone accepts open platforms instead. What they represent is a step back in evolution to the technical equivalent of slavery.

G

I hope for his health and happiness, but I hope Apple eats some for there actions towards all other major competitors in the phone market especially.

G

I know he has bad health, but since Apple has like more money than the US government, Jobs must have a nice retirement check? Or how that works? I got 60 years until I retire :p

hoomanium

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It doesn't matter if he is the CEO, chairman, or just a simple employee. What matters is he always be Steve Jobs and we all love him.

All the best Steve.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
as much as i don't like apple, i must give credit where credit is due and steve jobs has done a fantastic job. he will be missed.

if he is ill... an apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Status
Not open for further replies.