Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem with Riddick and 6800GT Resolution

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 1:18:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Maybe Im being a total putz, but I cannot select resolution greater than
848x480 in chronicles of riddick. Its like they dont exist.

Im not doing anything unusual, and all other games work just fine at
1600x1200.

Does anyone know how I get higher resolutions?

Thanks
February 1, 2005 4:05:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Works fine here at 1280x1024 with the 6800gt. Make sure you set the shader
model to shader2.0, not 2.0++

rms
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:27:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
news:bBALd.4974$wA5.166@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
> Works fine here at 1280x1024 with the 6800gt. Make sure you set the
> shader model to shader2.0, not 2.0++
>
> rms

Tried that, no luck. Wierd.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 1:15:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"BCC" <bcc@akanta.net> wrote in message
news:yWALd.9653$8Z1.4538@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>
> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> news:bBALd.4974$wA5.166@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>> Works fine here at 1280x1024 with the 6800gt. Make sure you set the
>> shader model to shader2.0, not 2.0++
>>
>> rms
>
> Tried that, no luck. Wierd.
>
I'm using the same res fine too, how are you trying to change res? Just
click on the numbers to cycle it. Make sure pixel aspect is normal....it
ain't hard. Are you saying you click and it just won't change or what?
Explain...
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:41:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>>> Works fine here at 1280x1024 with the 6800gt. Make sure you set the
>>> shader model to shader2.0, not 2.0++
>>>
>>> rms
>>
>> Tried that, no luck. Wierd.
>>
> I'm using the same res fine too, how are you trying to change res? Just
> click on the numbers to cycle it. Make sure pixel aspect is normal....it
> ain't hard. Are you saying you click and it just won't change or what?
> Explain...

Yep, thats exactly what Im saying. I click on the resolution and it cycles
through the available options... starting at 400x300 and then it ends at
848x480. The numbers just dont go any higher. No 1024x768, 1280x1024, etc
etc.
February 1, 2005 7:25:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

What I'd try is setting the refresh rates manually in the nvidia drivers,
also try getting newer drivers.

It is possible to manually set the resolution in Environment.cfg file in the
riddick directory. Here is the line in mine:
VID_MODE=1280 1024 32 75
that's 32bit, 75hz refresh

rms
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:00:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
news:J3OLd.17740$Vj3.8605@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> What I'd try is setting the refresh rates manually in the nvidia drivers,
> also try getting newer drivers.
>
> It is possible to manually set the resolution in Environment.cfg file in
> the riddick directory. Here is the line in mine:
> VID_MODE=1280 1024 32 75
> that's 32bit, 75hz refresh
>
> rms

I tried that too, I set:
VID_MODE=1024 768 32 70

Which is a supported resolution/refresh rate for my card and monitor. Ran
the game with no change, and then when I looked at the Environment.cfg file
again it had been set back to 800 600. :( 
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 9:47:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"BCC" <bcc@akanta.net> wrote in message
news:GqNLd.25967$wZ2.3270@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>> Works fine here at 1280x1024 with the 6800gt. Make sure you set the
>>>> shader model to shader2.0, not 2.0++
>>>>
>>>> rms
>>>
>>> Tried that, no luck. Wierd.
>>>
>> I'm using the same res fine too, how are you trying to change res? Just
>> click on the numbers to cycle it. Make sure pixel aspect is normal....it
>> ain't hard. Are you saying you click and it just won't change or what?
>> Explain...
>
> Yep, thats exactly what Im saying. I click on the resolution and it
> cycles through the available options... starting at 400x300 and then it
> ends at 848x480. The numbers just dont go any higher. No 1024x768,
> 1280x1024, etc etc.
>
>That's really strange...reinstalled the game yet?
February 2, 2005 6:56:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> I tried that too, I set:
> VID_MODE=1024 768 32 70

I suspect you have a driver problem. Guru3d.com has several of the
newer ones you can try.

rms
!