Newest WHQL GeForce XP Driver Crashed Flat-Out Demo

Nvidia should be informed that their newest GeForce WHQL XP Driver
66.93_win2kxp_english.exe causes a crash in the demo for Flatout, a racing
game made by Bugbear. Blue Screen of Death.

I had to go back to the NON-whql driver 61.77_win2kxp_english.exe to get it
to work, again.

I sure am glad that newer one was WHQL! After all, you KNOW that a WHQL
driver will be reliable! : P

Yeah right, Were talking Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) LOL What a
joke. If it comes from Microsoft it is something to laugh at...

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Nvidia should be informed that their newest GeForce WHQL XP Driver
> 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe causes a crash in the demo for Flatout, a racing
> game made by Bugbear. Blue Screen of Death.
>
> I had to go back to the NON-whql driver 61.77_win2kxp_english.exe to get
it
> to work, again.
>
> I sure am glad that newer one was WHQL! After all, you KNOW that a WHQL
> driver will be reliable! : P

Luke

Distinguished
May 24, 2001

You should install patch 1.1 of flatout, it resolve this problem......
.... if the crash you said happens when you start the race.....

if you don't want the 1.1 patch try the following (for me works):

1 - You have go to SAVEGAME directory on FlatOut directory
2 - Open with notepad the file "options.cfg"
3 - Chang the string:
Settings.Visual.SunFlare = TRUE
with
Settings.Visual.SunFlare = FALSE
4 - play!

Greetings from Italy!

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Nvidia should be informed that their newest GeForce WHQL XP Driver
> 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe causes a crash in the demo for Flatout, a racing
> game made by Bugbear. Blue Screen of Death.
>
> I had to go back to the NON-whql driver 61.77_win2kxp_english.exe to get
> it to work, again.
>
> I sure am glad that newer one was WHQL! After all, you KNOW that a WHQL
> driver will be reliable! : P

Luke

Distinguished
May 24, 2001

"Richard K Rabbat" <richardkr@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Yeah right, Were talking Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) LOL What a
> joke. If it comes from Microsoft it is something to laugh at...

WHQL means $$$ to microsoft, it doesn't mean better and stable drivers....
the problem of BSOD with flatout seems to be a nvidia/flatout bug....
Bugbear has resolved it by patching the game to v.1.1.
Which other games give you problems with 66.93 nvidia display drivers?? for
me flatout was the only one.... bye!

> "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Nvidia should be informed that their newest GeForce WHQL XP Driver
>> 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe causes a crash in the demo for Flatout, a
>> racing
>> game made by Bugbear. Blue Screen of Death.
>>
>> I had to go back to the NON-whql driver 61.77_win2kxp_english.exe to get
> it
>> to work, again.
>>
>> I sure am glad that newer one was WHQL! After all, you KNOW that a WHQL
>> driver will be reliable! : P

predator

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

whql never meant bug free, think of it as "correct implementation". One
would think that the correct implementation would be bug free..

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Nvidia should be informed that their newest GeForce WHQL XP Driver
> 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe causes a crash in the demo for Flatout, a racing
> game made by Bugbear. Blue Screen of Death.
>
> I had to go back to the NON-whql driver 61.77_win2kxp_english.exe to get
> it to work, again.
>
> I sure am glad that newer one was WHQL! After all, you KNOW that a WHQL
> driver will be reliable! : P

TRENDING THREADS