Sync out of range!!!

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Weird problem with my card(Gigabyte GV-N57L128DP(FX5700LE))
When windows XP was/is first installed and then the drivers from the cards
CD were/are installed the pc boots up first time everytime and the monitor
comes on ok.
After a week or so the pc tries to boot and a "sync out of range" message
comes up on the screen.
I know that is supposed to be because the cards resolution/refresh rate is
set to high for the monitor but it does it when set to the right settings
for the monitor.
The monitor can handle 110 hertz but when the card is set to 100 hertz and
800x600 it makes the pc try to keep rebooting.
If set to 70, 72, or 85 hertz and 800x600 it still does it.
I cannot use 60 hertz as it flickers and mkes my eyes ache.
I cannot use any other resolution higher than 800x600.
It also happens if I upgrade the drivers for the card.
If I change the card to the Gigabyte GV-N57128DE(64 bit) then there is no
problem at all regardless of driver or refresh rate.
Any thoughts on this and what is to be gained from a 128 bit card?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Sounds like you got a bad card.

DaveL

"Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
> Weird problem with my card(Gigabyte GV-N57L128DP(FX5700LE))
> When windows XP was/is first installed and then the drivers from the cards
> CD were/are installed the pc boots up first time everytime and the monitor
> comes on ok.
> After a week or so the pc tries to boot and a "sync out of range" message
> comes up on the screen.
> I know that is supposed to be because the cards resolution/refresh rate is
> set to high for the monitor but it does it when set to the right settings
> for the monitor.
> The monitor can handle 110 hertz but when the card is set to 100 hertz and
> 800x600 it makes the pc try to keep rebooting.
> If set to 70, 72, or 85 hertz and 800x600 it still does it.
> I cannot use 60 hertz as it flickers and mkes my eyes ache.
> I cannot use any other resolution higher than 800x600.
> It also happens if I upgrade the drivers for the card.
> If I change the card to the Gigabyte GV-N57128DE(64 bit) then there is no
> problem at all regardless of driver or refresh rate.
> Any thoughts on this and what is to be gained from a 128 bit card?

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Got something fer sure......................
Weird thing is that once it works after loads of reboots and the pc is left
on all day, if I then tirn the pc off for an hour or so and then bootup, no
probs at all....maybe the fan is sticking first thing....
that could overheat it maybe