Online shopping advice..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2005 3:00:29 PM

You've seen the reviews for the product your buying, but have you seen the
reviews of who your buying it from

http://www.reviewcentre.com/consumer_reviews28.html
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/online-shops/

More about : online shopping advice

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:36:21 PM

For US: http://resellerratings.com

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.
February 3, 2005 6:54:44 PM

Yeppers, Ed. I just bought a scsi card online about ten minutes ago. It
came down to two venders I found on pricewatch. I checked
http://resellerratings.com and it was a good thing I did. The vender I was
leaning toward that had a nice looking website had horrible reviews. I went
with the other one which was not perfect but the reviews always said they
answered the phone and took care of problems such as RMAs.

DaveL

"Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message

> "ragamuffin" <ragamuffin@ed.com> wrote in message
>> You've seen the reviews for the product your buying, but have you seen
>> the reviews of who your buying it from
>>
>> http://www.reviewcentre.com/consumer_reviews28.html
>> http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/online-shops/
>
> For US: http://resellerratings.com
>
> --
> Ed Light
>
> Smiley :-/
> MS Smiley :-\
>
> Send spam to the FTC at
> uce@ftc.gov
> Thanks, robots.

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:11:37 PM

> Yeppers, Ed. I just bought a scsi card online about ten minutes ago. It
> came down to two venders I found on pricewatch. I checked
> http://resellerratings.com and it was a good thing I did. The vender I
> was leaning toward that had a nice looking website had horrible reviews.
> I went with the other one which was not perfect but the reviews always
> said they answered the phone and took care of problems such as RMAs.

I learned the hard lesson about this. Everyone always mentioned Pricewatch,
no one told me about resellerratings.com. I had a four month hassle dealing
with a low priced seller on pricewatch. It took a lot of effort on my part
and the final action by my credit card company to get it taken care of. I
didn't find out about resellerratings until I was already waist deep into my
prior "purchase".

Tell me the one with the nice website was bzboys.com, please. Big scammers,
yet they stay in business. I don't know how they do it, and its all enabled
by the pricewatch site. Read about it on resellerratings. Almost to a T,
everyone experienced almost the same problem. Hooked in by the low
price...... then your in for a ride.

I know it may be a conflict of interest, but it would be great if you could
find the lowest price available for a REPUTABLE company on one site. When
deciding to buy ANYTHING online from a vendor you are not familiar with,
resellerratings are an absolute must. I'd gladly pay a few bucks more.
!