GTA SA music to audio CD, how?

Hi

I've just extracted the great music from GTA SA (PC), but they are in OGG
format. I'd like to listen to the music in my car (IRL :)), which formats
can a normal CD-player dial with?
I've tried to convert the OGG-files to WAV, but then the music only plays
for 10-30 seconds and jump to next music-clip in the normal CD-player. I'd
like to try to convert to WMA, is there a free converterprogram for that
OGG->WMA conversion?

Any other tips are very velcome!

Emil

http://tinyurl.com/apapc

"Emil Jensen [2100]" <lime@jensen73.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just extracted the great music from GTA SA (PC), but they are in OGG
> format. I'd like to listen to the music in my car (IRL :)), which formats
> can a normal CD-player dial with?
> I've tried to convert the OGG-files to WAV, but then the music only plays
> for 10-30 seconds and jump to next music-clip in the normal CD-player. I'd
> like to try to convert to WMA, is there a free converterprogram for that
> OGG->WMA conversion?
>
> Any other tips are very velcome!
>
> Emil
You can extract the music from the game and burn it to cd
or play it in your favourite mp3 player, using the utility available here:

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=560

Bear in mind most of the in game tracks are about 3 minute radio edits, I
don't know if this is the case for the tracks on the soundtrack cds.

I used the above file. I choose DJ#2. I then converted
all 11 folders to .wav then burned each to CD so we'll see. I later
re-extracted the audio and choose no DJ and I thought it was better. The
DJ's are very funny though

You might also want to try WinLame at
http://winlame.sourceforge.net/download.php . This file will convert your
..ogg files to MP3 or several other formats so each radio station can be
created as a seperate cd.

Good Luck

Peace

CJ

Maybe you could extract the radio part to play in the car too ....
listening to Radio Los Santos on your way to work .....One of these
days you are going to think you are playing GTA SA when driving in real
life ..... soon you would be doing P.I.T. on some fancy cars ;-)

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 03:14:49 +0200, Emil Jensen [2100] wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just extracted the great music from GTA SA (PC), but they are in OGG
> format. I'd like to listen to the music in my car (IRL :)), which formats
> can a normal CD-player dial with?
> I've tried to convert the OGG-files to WAV, but then the music only plays
> for 10-30 seconds and jump to next music-clip in the normal CD-player. I'd
> like to try to convert to WMA, is there a free converterprogram for that
> OGG->WMA conversion?
>
> Any other tips are very velcome!
>
> Emil

Just how "regular" (aka old) is your CD player? A "regular" one shouldn't
be able to play .wav or .ogg at all.You have to use a program like Nero to
burn them onto an Audio CD. Unfortunately, when I tried doing this with
Vice City, the radio files were so long that you couldn't fit them on a
single CD!

>> Any other tips are very velcome!
>>
>> Emil
>
> http://tinyurl.com/apapc

Thanks, but I've payed for the game, so I'd not pay for the music too. It's
in the game, so why pay for the same thing twice?

But if all attempts to make an audio-CD fails, I might look at this buy-CD.

EMil

>> Hi
>>
>> I've just extracted the great music from GTA SA (PC), but they are in OGG
>> format. I'd like to listen to the music in my car (IRL :)), which formats
>> can a normal CD-player dial with?
>> I've tried to convert the OGG-files to WAV, but then the music only plays
>> for 10-30 seconds and jump to next music-clip in the normal CD-player.
>> I'd like to try to convert to WMA, is there a free converterprogram for
>> that OGG->WMA conversion?
>>
>> Any other tips are very velcome!
>>
>> Emil
> You can extract the music from the game and burn it to cd
> or play it in your favourite mp3 player, using the utility available here:
>
> http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=560
>
> Bear in mind most of the in game tracks are about 3 minute radio edits, I
> don't know if this is the case for the tracks on the soundtrack cds.

I suceed extract the music with that "extractionator" you linked to. But the
files comes as OGG, and when i convert them to WAV-files, then they will
only play about 10-30 seconds?

> I used the above file. I choose DJ#2. I then converted
> all 11 folders to .wav then burned each to CD so we'll see. I later
> re-extracted the audio and choose no DJ and I thought it was better. The
> DJ's are very funny though

I also choosed no DJ...

> You might also want to try WinLame at
> http://winlame.sourceforge.net/download.php . This file will convert your
> .ogg files to MP3 or several other formats so each radio station can be
> created as a seperate cd.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks for the tips...

Emil

Emil Jensen [2100] wrote:
>>>Any other tips are very velcome!
>>>
>>>Emil
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/apapc
>

> Thanks, but I've payed for the game, so I'd not pay for the music too. It's
> in the game, so why pay for the same thing twice?
>
> But if all attempts to make an audio-CD fails, I might look at this buy-CD.
>
> EMil

and it doesn't have all the chatter, station idents, or commercials

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:51:10 +0200, "Emil Jensen [2100]"
<lime@jensen73.dk> wrote:

>>> Any other tips are very velcome!
>>>
>>> Emil
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/apapc
>
>Thanks, but I've payed for the game, so I'd not pay for the music too. It's
>in the game, so why pay for the same thing twice?
>
>But if all attempts to make an audio-CD fails, I might look at this buy-CD.
>
>EMil

As said before you have to use something like nero to burn it to disc,
this can be done from mp3 or wave format (possibly ogg or wma i cannot
remember)

I am assuming that you have one big wav file that plays fine on
windows media player, if this is the case and it wont fit on one cd
then you should be able to get a wav splitter (there are a few
freeware ones around with a bit of googling)
cut the file in half (preferably at the end of a song, or at least
make the first file less than 74-80 minutes depending on you cdr type.

then burn an audio cd in nero, it will do the conversion for you. you
could then burn the second file to another disc to get all the station
just on 2 discs

Easier than that just get an mp3 player, and stick the files on that.
I do appreciate however that this is not always an option.

>> You might also want to try WinLame at
>> http://winlame.sourceforge.net/download.php . This file will convert your
>> .ogg files to MP3 or several other formats so each radio station can be
>> created as a seperate cd.

First, thanks for all the answers.
I've tried WinLame, and the program converted the OGG-files to WAV-files
with no problem, and in full length. The other sharewareprogram I used for
conversation, seems to have a limit on 15-30 seconds pr music-clip. That was
the problem for me...
So after I converted the files with WinLame, I used the Windows XP inbuilt
Windows Media Player to burn the WAV-files to CD.
Now I listen ti GTA San Andreas music in my car, while I'm thinking road
raging when the traffic jam :)

Emil