graphic problems

I have a problem with the moving characters on games and some
screensavers
> not being visible, ie. the plus screensavers and golf games.
> any one else noted this?
any answers appreciated

Winxp with sp2
> athlon 1.4mhz
> 512 ram
> tnt2 vid card
> nvidia drivers 66.93

BigJim

it could be the drivers or the video card memory can't handle the graphics.
"critcher" <dennisgange@gothere.uk.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem with the moving characters on games and some
> screensavers
>> not being visible, ie. the plus screensavers and golf games.
>> any one else noted this?
> any answers appreciated
>>
> Winxp with sp2
>> athlon 1.4mhz
>> 512 ram
>> tnt2 vid card
>> nvidia drivers 66.93

Your old design of video card is unstable with the newer NVidia drivers.
Either buy a modern video card or use the proper older NVidia driver for
that card.

--
DaveW

"critcher" <dennisgange@gothere.uk.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem with the moving characters on games and some
> screensavers
>> not being visible, ie. the plus screensavers and golf games.
>> any one else noted this?
> any answers appreciated
>>
> Winxp with sp2
>> athlon 1.4mhz
>> 512 ram
>> tnt2 vid card
>> nvidia drivers 66.93

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"critcher" <dennisgange@gothere.uk.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem with the moving characters on games and some
> screensavers
>> not being visible, ie. the plus screensavers and golf games.
>> any one else noted this?
> any answers appreciated
>>
> Winxp with sp2
>> athlon 1.4mhz
>> 512 ram
>> tnt2 vid card
>> nvidia drivers 66.93

I ran the exact same card for a VERY long time... (Counter-strike was fine
but NWN convinced me to upgarde to a G4 Ti4400). My setup was a bit
different (PIII 1Ghz w/ 512 Ram) but I can assure you that the 30.82 drivers
were the most stable for me at the time, hands down. YMMV but I'd say it is
worth a shot.

- Michael (Darius)
"There can be only one."