New iPAQ 5xxx Update Works Wonders

a b F Wireless
April 14, 2004 2:03:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

....at least for me. Wireless reliability (dropping of connections) has been
drastically improved. The best part, however, is that I am now able to
ActiveSync over WiFi! Prior to installing this update, I could only connect
as Guest via WiFi (cradle/IR was fine).
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 15, 2004 6:52:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I agree they have done a good job with this update, now if they can fix the
issue with inbox not opening completely when you press the hardware button
I'll be very happy. I am very happy with the wireless performance so far.

--
Eric Hicks (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Kevin Woodside" <woodside@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
> ...at least for me. Wireless reliability (dropping of connections) has
been
> drastically improved. The best part, however, is that I am now able to
> ActiveSync over WiFi! Prior to installing this update, I could only
connect
> as Guest via WiFi (cradle/IR was fine).

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 15, 2004 6:52:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I wondered if that was a feature or not, but you
cleared that up for me ;)
I get that 90% of the time when I press the Inbox
button. only the taskbar from Pocket Outlook at
the bottom of the screen, not the rest. I have
to tap it on the Today screen or from Start|Inbox

~S.

"Eric Hicks \(MS-MVP Mobile Devices\)" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
in news:ubgOHrxIEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I thought it was a feature at first but then noticed the same problem on 3
other 5555's and never had the problem on my 4350. I'm not even sure if HP
know's of this so I'll bring them up to speed. It is a good idea for others
with this problem to do the same. The more people who complain the better
our chances of having this corrected.

--

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I wondered if that was a feature or not, but you
> cleared that up for me ;)
> I get that 90% of the time when I press the Inbox
> button. only the taskbar from Pocket Outlook at
> the bottom of the screen, not the rest. I have
> to tap it on the Today screen or from Start|Inbox
>

> ~S.
>

> "Eric Hicks \(MS-MVP Mobile Devices\)" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
> in news:ubgOHrxIEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
>
>> I agree they have done a good job with this update, now if they can fix
>> the issue with inbox not opening completely when you press the hardware
>> button I'll be very happy. I am very happy with the wireless
>> performance so far.
>>

> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 16, 2004 6:29:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Great idea. I have it on my task list ;)

in news:emQV$50IEHA.2688@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
> I thought it was a feature at first but then noticed the same problem on
> 3 other 5555's and never had the problem on my 4350. I'm not even sure
> if HP know's of this so I'll bring them up to speed. It is a good idea
> for others with this problem to do the same. The more people who
> complain the better our chances of having this corrected.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 18, 2004 3:49:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I have the same problem here. Interesting to note that it seems to happen
with ActiveSync running and/or using WiFi. I tried to re-pro it for Chris
at the summit but I couldn't get to to happen. Go figure... :)

--
Eric Chew, MVP
Microsoft Hardware Products

Need help with your Microsoft Hardware product? Check out the Microsoft
Online Support Knowledge Base at
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.asp.
The Microsoft MVP Program does not constitute employment or contractual
obligation with Microsoft Corporation. We do this for fun! :)

"Eric Hicks (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:emQV$50IEHA.2688@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I thought it was a feature at first but then noticed the same problem on 3
>other 5555's and never had the problem on my 4350. I'm not even sure if HP
>know's of this so I'll bring them up to speed. It is a good idea for
>others with this problem to do the same. The more people who complain the
>better our chances of having this corrected.
>
> --
> Eric Hicks (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I wondered if that was a feature or not, but you
>> cleared that up for me ;)
>> I get that 90% of the time when I press the Inbox
>> button. only the taskbar from Pocket Outlook at
>> the bottom of the screen, not the rest. I have
>> to tap it on the Today screen or from Start|Inbox
>>

>> ~S.
>>

>> "Eric Hicks \(MS-MVP Mobile Devices\)" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
>> in news:ubgOHrxIEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> I agree they have done a good job with this update, now if they can fix
>>> the issue with inbox not opening completely when you press the hardware
>>> button I'll be very happy. I am very happy with the wireless
>>> performance so far.
>>>

>> --
>> ======================
>> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
>> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
>> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
>> HTTP://www.xarane.com
>> ======================

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 19, 2004 1:48:13 AM

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:49:24 -0400, "Eric Chew [MVP]"
<echew@mvps.no.spam.org> wrote:

>I have the same problem here. Interesting to note that it seems to happen
>with ActiveSync running and/or using WiFi. I tried to re-pro it for Chris
>at the summit but I couldn't get to to happen. Go figure... :)

I glanced through the readme and didn't see anything about the
security asking for password or fingerprint after two or three minutes
powered off despite the settings in control panel for how long to wait
before asking again. Course, I glanced through, so could've missed
it.

Anyone who did the upgrade able to confirm whether or not that was
part of what they addressed?

Thanks

John
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 19, 2004 1:23:32 PM

They fixed the password issue. I have mine set to 1 hour and now it works.
Before it would ask me for my fingerprint no every time I turned it on.

rights...

"JDTHREE [MVP]" <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:49:24 -0400, "Eric Chew [MVP]"
> <echew@mvps.no.spam.org> wrote:
>
>>I have the same problem here. Interesting to note that it seems to happen
>>with ActiveSync running and/or using WiFi. I tried to re-pro it for Chris
>>at the summit but I couldn't get to to happen. Go figure... :)
>
> I glanced through the readme and didn't see anything about the
> security asking for password or fingerprint after two or three minutes
> powered off despite the settings in control panel for how long to wait
> before asking again. Course, I glanced through, so could've missed
> it.
>
> Anyone who did the upgrade able to confirm whether or not that was
> part of what they addressed?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 19, 2004 11:02:19 PM

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:23:32 -0400, "Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile
devices]" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote:

>They fixed the password issue. I have mine set to 1 hour and now it works.
>Before it would ask me for my fingerprint no every time I turned it on.

Got it installed on mine non, and yepper. It waits until the time
specified. Finally! That was one of the most irritating non-critical
issues I've ever had for a PPC

John
!