6600 GT Temperature

Hi guys,

what's the highest temperature you get with this card under heavy load ?
3 answers Last reply
More about 6600 temperature

    MaSTeR wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > what's the highest temperature you get with this card under heavy load ?

    56C is the highest I've seen on mine, (HL2 or JO:E), Gainward 6600GT GS.

    Dave

    51 C on mine XFX 6600GT.

    C.
    "Dave" <QBXVRAVCYLPD@spammotel.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > MaSTeR wrote:
    >> Hi guys,
    >>
    >> what's the highest temperature you get with this card under heavy load ?
    >
    > 56C is the highest I've seen on mine, (HL2 or JO:E), Gainward 6600GT GS.
    >
    > Dave

    53'C on mine - Galaxy 6600GT 128 (core 300, mem 525 ie default settings)
    with stock cooling.

    All depends on what else there is though. CPU, memory, drives (CD/DVD
    rewrites chuck up the ambient temperatures!) and what box u got it in,
    along with the system cooling. Then if your house is 15'C it will still
    stay cooler than if your house is 22'C.

    Basically you shouldn't have any temperature worries with a 6600GT
    unless the heatsink / fan combo isn't set properly on the card.

    I've always replaced the thermal compound in previous cards with Arctic
    Silver or Arctic Alumina, but I'm leaving my Galaxy as is, no need to
    change it!

    Hope this helps,

    Neil.

    In message <LE6Od.16781$d5.136118@newsb.telia.net>, Chubben