Geforce 1 fan needed/asus 6800

the fans went on my old gefore 1 card in may backup pc.. I get the
one long, 3 short beeps errors. I know the card still works as i was
able to get the fan going yesterday with a little help and the
computer boted ok with the fan screaching but running.

so it appeard my Asus 6800 geforce 1 needs to see a running fan before
it will boot.. So i need some help finding a source for such a fan.

help please..

I put a Thermaltake blue orb on mine. It was big and loud (takes out pci 1),
so I put a Zalman fan mate on it.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

"Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote:

>I put a Thermaltake blue orb on mine. It was big and loud (takes out pci 1),
>so I put a Zalman fan mate on it.

thanks, i'll go look for one tomorrow..

after poking around with it more i found out it wasn't the dead fan
causing the failed boots, it's seems to be the connection to the AGP
slot, so i cleaning the contacts on the card with 99% alcohol (sames
as i use on my model train rails and contacts.) did a few boots and
all is ok so far.. since need a new fan since the original
screaches...

actually there do exist littler replacement fans than the blue orb, I think.
Try googling for vga coolers.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Many moons ago mine went and I fitted one of the original Pentium fans (it
just screw right in to the heat sink)

Vis

Thanks for the replies guys, but sadly it appears it is the card
itself that failed, as I cant get it to boot at all now.. Im guessing
it was just boardline or perhaps a break in the conections.. not
sure.. I have my old Voodoo 3 in that pc right now, but I need a
better card to run some of the stuff I do on it like second life, so
got to go find a chap old perhaps used card...

"Visine" <Visine~not~@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Many moons ago mine went and I fitted one of the original Pentium fans (it
>just screw right in to the heat sink)
>
>Vis

AFI high % Alcohol is good for cleaning contacts. Another good way to
clean them is with a pencil erasor. It wipes off any oxidation and
makes them look good as new.
Just make sure you blow off any erasor specks after your done.

I can't say what is better, because I'm sure alcohol is probably just
as good....but if you don't have any the erasor thing works just as
well.

FYI high % Alcohol is good for cleaning contacts. Another good way to
clean them is with a pencil erasor. It wipes off any oxidation and
makes them look good as new.
Just make sure you blow off any erasor specks after your done.

I can't say what is better, because I'm sure alcohol is probably just
as good....but if you don't have any the erasor thing works just as
well.

I swear by a Electrolube PCB & Contact cleaner.

Wonderful stuff, takes awayall sorts of $h1te including thermal compound
very quickly & efficiently indeed so good for CPUs & heatsinks. Never
had any problems with it in over 12 years of using the stuff. It is high
% IPA but has other stuff in it too. Leaves no residue either.

Neil.

In message <1107926682.849773.91930@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
PRIVATE1964 <private1964@aol.com> writes

--
Neil J Bundy

Neil J Bundy wrote:

> I swear by a Electrolube PCB & Contact cleaner.
>
> Wonderful stuff, takes awayall sorts of $h1te including thermal
> compound very quickly & efficiently indeed so good for CPUs &
> heatsinks. Never had any problems with it in over 12 years of using
> the stuff. It is high % IPA but has other stuff in it too. Leaves no
> residue either.

Be careful with that stuff, it quick-freezes components and can cause
cracking due to thermal stress between the outer frozen shell and the inner
warmer core. That you may have not experienced this problem yet is no
indicator that it won't happen.

--
dvus