TI4200 and SP2?

My system was an upgrade from win98se to xp pro corporate

I had added a TI4200 while it was under win98se

When I installed xp it had its own driver and there was also a newer one
available when I did a windows update and everything worked fine. I play a
few games and they worked fine too.

Yesterday I ghosted my whole system and done a format and clean install of
xp complete with sp2 and all updates since. It was a;; slipstremed. I know
the disc works ok as I have used it on other systems I have built.

When I tried to load the xp drivers from the TI4200 original silver disc it
presented me with a list of drivers and I chose the most recent at the top
of the list. I got a msg saying that the driver was not suitable for xp.

I then used the very latest driver from Nvidia and all that ever happened
was that my system would go into 4 bit colour and low low res.

No matter what I done I could not get xp to accept a driver for this card.

I then ghosted back today. Is this a known problem or has anyone else
encountered this?

Help appreciated.

For the Ti4200 card use the 45.23 driver from the NVidia site for stability.
The newer drivers are not stable with that card.

--
DaveW

"Ginchy" <avmaster@BBBBBbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> My system was an upgrade from win98se to xp pro corporate
>
> I had added a TI4200 while it was under win98se
>
> When I installed xp it had its own driver and there was also a newer one
> available when I did a windows update and everything worked fine. I play a
> few games and they worked fine too.
>
> Yesterday I ghosted my whole system and done a format and clean install of
> xp complete with sp2 and all updates since. It was a;; slipstremed. I know
> the disc works ok as I have used it on other systems I have built.
>
> When I tried to load the xp drivers from the TI4200 original silver disc
> it
> presented me with a list of drivers and I chose the most recent at the top
> of the list. I got a msg saying that the driver was not suitable for xp.
>
> I then used the very latest driver from Nvidia and all that ever happened
> was that my system would go into 4 bit colour and low low res.
>
> No matter what I done I could not get xp to accept a driver for this card.
>
> I then ghosted back today. Is this a known problem or has anyone else
> encountered this?
>
> Help appreciated.

Agreed. My XP Home SP2, Ti4200 and 45.23 drivers work together quite
nicely.

BigJim

I am running 66.93 with mine using sp2 works fine.
you may have to remove the old drivers first.

"Ginchy" <avmaster@BBBBBbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> My system was an upgrade from win98se to xp pro corporate
>
> I had added a TI4200 while it was under win98se
>
> When I installed xp it had its own driver and there was also a newer one
> available when I did a windows update and everything worked fine. I play a
> few games and they worked fine too.
>
> Yesterday I ghosted my whole system and done a format and clean install of
> xp complete with sp2 and all updates since. It was a;; slipstremed. I know
> the disc works ok as I have used it on other systems I have built.
>
> When I tried to load the xp drivers from the TI4200 original silver disc
> it
> presented me with a list of drivers and I chose the most recent at the top
> of the list. I got a msg saying that the driver was not suitable for xp.
>
> I then used the very latest driver from Nvidia and all that ever happened
> was that my system would go into 4 bit colour and low low res.
>
> No matter what I done I could not get xp to accept a driver for this card.
>
> I then ghosted back today. Is this a known problem or has anyone else
> encountered this?
>
> Help appreciated.

Any drivers from the latest back worked ok with my Gainward.

Best thing would have been to uninstall any nvidia drivers that windows
install put in, reboot, make sure you're on the generic driver, then install
downloaded nvidia ones, or ones from the card maker's web site.

Letting windows update give you an nvidia driver is risky.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

I def was on generic driver and dx diag confirmed this. I had no direct 3d
or harware accelaration enabled because of it.

Still the very latest driver wouldnt work...it would load ok but upon reboot
I was back to that 4 bit colour and low res and it wouldnt let me adjust it.

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:28:54 -0800, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

>For the Ti4200 card use the 45.23 driver from the NVidia site for stability.
>The newer drivers are not stable with that card.

Yeah? I'm using 62.11 just fine on SP2 and have for some time, never a
hang.

What kind of framerate are you getting with various games? Particularly
Nascar 2003 or Half-Life 2 if you have them.

With my box HL2 gets 55 fps in the CS:S test (no AA), and I get
45-50FPS in Nascar 2003 with 2X AA turned on.

Using 45.23 drivers.

Thks