Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.01 Patch

Last response: in Video Games
August 9, 2005 10:58:23 PM

Rockstar has released a patch for the well known PC game Grand Theft
Auto: San Andreas. These patches prevent and remove the "Hot Coffee"
modification. The "Hot Coffee" scenes were not intended to be part of
the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas experience. If your copy of Grand
Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC has been altered by the unauthorized
"Hot Coffee" download circulating on the Internet, or if you wish to
prevent your version from being so altered, download and install the
patch for your version of the game.

Latest Changes:

* Added support for 720p and 1080i HDTV resolutions (may also do
1080p, not sure)
* Version Number displayed on game title screen
* Issue fixed on machines where the OS has been updated (one OS
installed over top of another) and has 2 registry keys that point to
the users "My Documents" folder (we incorrectly used to assume the
Win2000 folder, now correctly uses the last installed OS
* Crash when entering advanced display options with only 32 meg of
video ram (32 meg of video ram is not supported and will only allow
use of 640*480 in 16 and 32 bit
* Crash when entering advanced display options on a dual monitor
machine after
* Destroyed cars now are correct colour
* Dirty cars now able to get clean
* Numpad 5 key is now mappable when re-defining controls
* Issue on all machines where certain collisions caused parts of
the audio system to crash (sound effects, cutscene audio - only radio
keeps going) - users know this as "Rain / Thunderstorm bug"
* Improvements to DVD streaming
* Audio problems in interior / exterior transitions and getting in
/ out of cars fixed
* Some fixes to ensure reverb is not present at certain save
points
* Improvements to dance game timings
* Crash occuring when using "user radio files" while the frame
limiter is disabled
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:58:24 PM

Can't believe this patch still doesn't fix the damn "Mouse stops to
work after entering the menu screen" bug!!!
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:58:24 PM

Can't believe this patch still doesn't fix the damn "cars dissappear
from the garages randomly" bug!!!

I mean it's real good news when your car fully modded Blade lowrider
dissappears. Maybe they should say random elves go around and steal
your car?

Or repaint them back to white every so often.

T.
August 10, 2005 9:22:37 AM

Does anyone know if the existing NoCD cracks work with this version?

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 12:05:26 PM

In message <mngif19bkfn5d1midvrjklpe7k58a6o7bn@4ax.com>
Gumbo ... <Gumbo@mkx.org> wrote:

> * Dirty cars now able to get clean

Working car-washes?

Cheers,
Rob
August 10, 2005 3:08:39 PM

Gumbo ... wrote:
> * Numpad 5 key is now mappable when re-defining controls

Hooray :-)

--

(O)enone
Anonymous

Gumbo ... <Gumbo@mkx.org> wrote:

>Rockstar has released a patch for the well known PC game Grand Theft
>Auto: San Andreas.

Anybody else got problems with massive in-game-stuttering every few
seconds after applying the patch?

My rig (AMD64 3000+, NForce 4-MB, GF6600GT PCIE, 1GB PC3200, SB Live)
meets the requirements and ran SA absolutely smooth with everything
maxed up before applying the patch. :/
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:53:34 PM

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if the existing NoCD cracks work with this version?

Even if they do, you will probably be going back to V1.0 by overwriting
the game excutable with a cracked version after installing the patch,
as (amongst other files), the main executable is changed during
installation of the patch.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:57:50 PM

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if the existing NoCD cracks work with this version?
>
> Phil Hibbs.

I don't know yet, but I'll be able to tell you after I install the patch at
home tonight. Is anyone in a position to try it now?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:26:46 PM

Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> In message <mngif19bkfn5d1midvrjklpe7k58a6o7bn@4ax.com>
> Gumbo ... <Gumbo@mkx.org> wrote:
>
>> * Dirty cars now able to get clean
>
> Working car-washes?

Would be cool. Or maybe it just means that a newly painted car doesn't
come out of the paint shop dirty?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:54:03 PM

Matthias Puch wrote:
> "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know if the existing NoCD cracks work with this version?
>
> Even if they do, you will probably be going back to V1.0 by overwriting
> the game excutable with a cracked version after installing the patch,
> as (amongst other files), the main executable is changed during
> installation of the patch.

correct. i need someone to fix this situtation for me :-)

zutroi
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 1:21:45 PM

"zutroi" <zutroi@microsfot.com> wrote in message
> Matthias Puch wrote:
>> "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know if the existing NoCD cracks work with this version?
>>
>> Even if they do, you will probably be going back to V1.0 by overwriting
>> the game excutable with a cracked version after installing the patch, as
>> (amongst other files), the main executable is changed during installation
>> of the patch.
>
> correct. i need someone to fix this situtation for me :-)
>
> zutroi

yeah, the 1.01 patch looks for the original exe file before it will let you
do the upgrade. Since I have a No-cd exe, it wouldn't let me do it.

I say give it a week or so before some clever person makes a new no-cd crack
for the 1.01 patch.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:38:48 PM

Chris Wright wrote:
> I say give it a week or so before some clever person makes a new
> no-cd crack for the 1.01 patch.

Often the cracking groups have lost interest in a game by the time a patch
comes out (it's not 1337 enough for them anymore) so they never bother to
crack it.

I actually think this would be a good copy-protection scheme: release a
game, wait a month, patch it and add some enhancements that EVERYONE will
want to have, and hope the crackers don't update their no-CD cracks. :-) Or
alternatively use the Starforce protection system that TrackMania Sunrise
used. To the best of my knowledge that still hasn't been cracked.

--

(O)enone
Anonymous

I would have thought that they would produce two versions of the patch,
one for the US and Australia and others to remove the scenes that
caused the rating to change, and one for other areas where it already
had an 18 rating. I'll still apply the patch then there's a No Disc
hack, because the fixes look worth having, but it'll be a shame that I
won't be able to show the dodgy scenes to friends. I could keep
backups, I suppose.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
July 13, 2009 4:27:19 PM

Quote:

Can't believe this patch still doesn't fix the damn "Mouse stops to
work after entering the menu screen" bug!!!

How can i fix this problem??? If i set the compatibility for win98/me crashes when load game or new game! please help me!
!