Speed problems

GINTER

Hi

I have a laptop and desktop linked on a wireless network. This link workse
fine bu the speed of the link depands on which computer is booted first. If
I boot the laptop first I get a 54.0 Mbs link with full signal strength. If
I boot the deskyop 1st I only get a 11.0 Mbs link with full strength.

Anyone know what I can try to get a 54.0 Mbs link either way round?

rico

In article <eu$dvTmHEHA.3656@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Ginter" <ginter@nospam.btinternet.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have a laptop and desktop linked on a wireless network. This link workse
>fine bu the speed of the link depands on which computer is booted first. If
>I boot the laptop first I get a 54.0 Mbs link with full signal strength. If
>I boot the deskyop 1st I only get a 11.0 Mbs link with full strength.
>
>Anyone know what I can try to get a 54.0 Mbs link either way round?

You don't mention anything about hardware, so I will assume:
both NICs are 802.11g and the AP is.

On my Linksys AP, I can lock out b 'only' cards, you might look in your AP
config and see if you have a similar setting.

TRENDING THREADS