help for a new 4x g.card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 10, 2005 7:48:26 PM

Hi everybody out there,
I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface and
a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old stuff but
I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard at an
affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
400 with 64MB.
Thanks.

More about : card

February 10, 2005 7:48:27 PM

It has been posted on this board many times that 8x cards will run in 4x
slots.

DaveL

"ale" <ale@ale.it> wrote in message
> Hi everybody out there,
> I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
> is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface
> and a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old
> stuff but I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard
> at an affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA
> GeForce2 MX 400 with 64MB.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2005 7:48:27 PM

ale wrote:
> Hi everybody out there,
> I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
> is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface and
> a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old stuff but
> I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard at an
> affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
> 400 with 64MB.
> Thanks.

The AGP 2.0 spec downgrades to whatever slot you have. So any 8X card
wil still run in a 2.0 compliant motherboard with a 1x slot (provided
adequate power and room).

If for some reason a modern 8x card does not run in your board, it's due
to your MB manufacturer and their implementation of either the AGP spec,
a bridge chipset, or shitty manufacturing. However I have not actually
seen a board yet that won't run a 8x card other than for lack of voltage.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2005 7:48:27 PM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:48:26 +0100, "ale" <ale@ale.it> wrote:

>Hi everybody out there,
>I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
>is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface and
>a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old stuff but
>I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard at an
>affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
>400 with 64MB.
>Thanks.

If you want cheap, then look to eBay, and pick up a GeForce 3,
or 4 card with 128MB. Those will blow away any GF MX card, but you
could buy a GF FX5700, or higher 8X AGP card, and it would work in
your 4X mainboard better than an AGP 4X card.
February 11, 2005 6:17:25 PM

Thank you all

!