help for a new 4x g.card

Hi everybody out there,
I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface and
a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old stuff but
I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard at an
affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
400 with 64MB.
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about help card

    It has been posted on this board many times that 8x cards will run in 4x
    slots.

    DaveL

    ale wrote:
    > Hi everybody out there,
    > I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
    > is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface and
    > a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old stuff but
    > I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard at an
    > affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
    > 400 with 64MB.
    > Thanks.

    The AGP 2.0 spec downgrades to whatever slot you have. So any 8X card
    wil still run in a 2.0 compliant motherboard with a 1x slot (provided
    adequate power and room).

    If for some reason a modern 8x card does not run in your board, it's due
    to your MB manufacturer and their implementation of either the AGP spec,
    a bridge chipset, or shitty manufacturing. However I have not actually
    seen a board yet that won't run a 8x card other than for lack of voltage.

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:48:26 +0100, "ale" <ale@ale.it> wrote:

    >Hi everybody out there,
    >I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
    >is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface and
    >a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old stuff but
    >I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard at an
    >affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
    >400 with 64MB.
    >Thanks.

    If you want cheap, then look to eBay, and pick up a GeForce 3,
    or 4 card with 128MB. Those will blow away any GF MX card, but you
    could buy a GF FX5700, or higher 8X AGP card, and it would work in
    your 4X mainboard better than an AGP 4X card.

    Thank you all

    "ale" <ale@ale.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hi everybody out there,
    > I've just posted a message yesterday about AGP 4x cards. Now the question
    > is: does anybody know models of graphic card that have AGP 4x interface
    > and a minimum of 128MB? I know that probably we are talking about old
    > stuff but I don't care, I just need a card suitable for may 4x motherboard
    > at an affordable price, and a little more performing than my NVIDIA
    > GeForce2 MX 400 with 64MB.
    > Thanks.

Nvidia Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics