Nvidia low capacity

wraith

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001

Hi all. I've assembled a system using the following
componets.
Intel P4 3.2(retail HS).
CPU temp checked and not high.
Asus P4C800E-Deluxe MB(bios 1.019)
2 times 1 gig dimm's (kraton 3200U CL 3)(total of two gigs)
Case edge case with a 430watt PS
One 160 gig SATA segate HD.
Nivida Geforce 6800 GT(on its on power connector, and not sharing a
IRQ).using the 66.93 drivers from Nvida's site.
Sound blaster Audigy 2(drivers from site)
Plextor DvDr drive (Px712A).
Windows XP pro, SP2.
Now all of this works...Posted fine and no
trouble there...But when I run benchmarks and
applications, I'm seeing a serious bottle neck
in capacity. I have the dimms installed in dual mode
(slot one and slot three). The dimms have been checked,
and they are 3200's. They post as 400mhz dual channel
linear mode. When I run Sandra 2004 I'm seeing only 37-41%
capacity in terms of memory bandwidth. The Aquarmark score
is 27,040. Future mark 05 is 2754. Future mark 03 is 8521.
I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Does anyone
have any experience in dealing with this problem? MANY
thanks in advance.

2 times 1 gig dimm's (kraton 3200U CL 3)(total of two gigs)
this maybe your bottleneck try lower CL most likely 1 is 2.5,3,3,8 corsair
memory is more widely accepted standard the CL 3 memory has very slow
timings and my be that you should run only 1gig as 2 gig doesn't improve
performance of any kind unless your using CAD programs.

Hope this helps

Go to the RAMguy guide on Corsairs memory website for guidance in choosing
more stable memory..