GF 6200 AGP vs GF 4 Ti4400

I had just seen that the 6200 GPU will be released in AGP
format. soon Are there any benchmarks on these cards yet that would
show how they'd stackup to the GF 4 cards? I'm running an old GF4
Ti4400 128MB now, and have been wanting to move to something better,
but the prices on Nvidia's AGP cards that are better than what I have
are still outta my price range. The 5700 Ultras are near $200 still.
I see Newegg has the plain 6600 AGP for $182.00., which is
$4.00 cheaper than the FX5700 Ultra. I wonder if the 6200 AGP will
come in cheaper.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

My feelings are that on older games the 6200 is about the same speed as the
ti4400. I saw where a 6200 gets 13k in 3dmark01se. The 6200 will probably
pull away on the newer stuff like HL2. The 6200 will certainly look better
with DX9 support. Because of the 5700Ultra's price is does not make sense
to get one of those. If you can wait, 6600s will no doubt fall to the $150
range. But if I were you I would not settle for anything less than a
6600GT.

DaveL