Problem with Verto GeForce FX 5700 LE 128meg

I bought the graphics in mid november and it has been working fine, I dont
play games but it works fine for viewing dvds, divx etc. the last couple of
days however I've noticed some probelms appearing. When viewing any video
files I am getting black dots throughout the screen in both window and full
screen mode. It's not a problem with the files as they are pefectly
uniformed and I am unable to screen grab them (which means it should be an
output problem I think). Also when viewing JPG images theres several white
or green lines appearing on the screen and several small blue lines (five or
six pixels wide) when booting up windows (always in the same positions)

I thought it may be a driver problem and reinstalled the drivers. I have
also formatted and reinstalled windows and that hasn't help and I tried an
old geforce 4 card and it worked perfectly.

Basically I can't screen grab them so it should be an output problem but
it's not the monitor or cables as another card doesn't have the same error.

It's not the drivers as the hard drive has been formatted and drivers
reinstalled (downloaded from nvidia website)

Anyone have suggestions for anything else to try or should I just contact
the place I bought it from and assume it's the card itself?

I can't think of anything else to try, please advise me on what you think
the problem may be and a possible solution.

Yours,

Chris Brannigan

Chris,

I own the exact same card and was having similar problems: vertical lines
running thru screen during DVD playback.

I was searching desperately for a solution and tried all the same things you
mentioned in your post. I finally stumbled across this site
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=975 and found a newer driver
(71.80 nonWHQL). I don't usually monkey around with drivers much but after
installing it everything has worked perfectly. No lines, no artifacts...in
fact I'm getting a slightly higher frame rate on the games I play like Doom
3.

The site's message board also has some good insights re: driver/graphics
issues.

Give it a try and let the forum know if it fixes your problem.

--
Jeff McKinnon
jnmckinnon-remove- AT cableone DOT net

"Jeff McKinnon" <jnmckinnonATcableoneDOTnet> wrote in message
> Chris,
>
> I own the exact same card and was having similar problems: vertical lines
> running thru screen during DVD playback.
>
> I was searching desperately for a solution and tried all the same things
you
> mentioned in your post. I finally stumbled across this site
> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=975 and found a newer driver
> (71.80 nonWHQL). I don't usually monkey around with drivers much but
after
> installing it everything has worked perfectly. No lines, no
artifacts...in
> fact I'm getting a slightly higher frame rate on the games I play like
Doom
> 3.
>
> The site's message board also has some good insights re: driver/graphics
> issues.
>
> Give it a try and let the forum know if it fixes your problem.

tried that and it didn't work, will post to the forum on that page, see what
it says