Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear O..

Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the
monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another
system, cannot figure it out now).

Subject pretty much sais it all... when I play a video, I can see it
fine on my monitor, but, it appears as a black-window on my TV. I can
switch to TV+analog, and it'll appear on the TV, but then, it won't
appear on the PC. I do alot of viewing and editing and I often review my
work on the TV, instead of sitting at the PC for hrs at a time, so it's
kind of a pain having to continuously switch views. I had this same
problem on my son's PC, and fixed it once, (this was before I gave it to
him, so he doesn't use the TV-out feature), but I cannot seem to recall
what I did in the settings, to fix the problem. Any help would be
appreciated.

The card I'm using is a geforce FX 5200 w/256mb DDR.

Any ideas?

VIDiot
....end of line.

I am having the same problem with a Predator MX 440 8X card being used
in a Dell PowerEdge 400sc, with Windows 2000.

The problem shows up one other way. If a do a screen capture with the
Print screen key, the saved screen has a black window where the video
should be.

Disabling DirectX with the "Display > Setting > Advanced > Trouble
Shooting > Hardware Acceleration" setting clears the problem, but of
course causes other problems.

Any suggestions?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:17:45 GMT, VIDiot <vidiot@ask-me.net> wrote:

>Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the
>monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another
>system, cannot figure it out now).
>
> Subject pretty much sais it all... when I play a video, I can see it
>fine on my monitor, but, it appears as a black-window on my TV. I can
>switch to TV+analog, and it'll appear on the TV, but then, it won't
>appear on the PC. I do alot of viewing and editing and I often review my
>work on the TV, instead of sitting at the PC for hrs at a time, so it's
>kind of a pain having to continuously switch views. I had this same
>problem on my son's PC, and fixed it once, (this was before I gave it to
>him, so he doesn't use the TV-out feature), but I cannot seem to recall
>what I did in the settings, to fix the problem. Any help would be
>appreciated.
>
> The card I'm using is a geforce FX 5200 w/256mb DDR.

Disable the use of Overlays in yer media player app. In WMP, 'tis under
tools/options/performance/advanced.

Frog Legs wrote:
> I am having the same problem with a Predator MX 440 8X card being used
> in a Dell PowerEdge 400sc, with Windows 2000.
>
> The problem shows up one other way. If a do a screen capture with the
> Print screen key, the saved screen has a black window where the video
> should be.
>
> Disabling DirectX with the "Display > Setting > Advanced > Trouble
> Shooting > Hardware Acceleration" setting clears the problem, but of
> course causes other problems.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:17:45 GMT, VIDiot <vidiot@ask-me.net> wrote:
>

>>Problem; cannot see 'videos' play on TV (yet they appear OK on the
>>monitor) using "Clone" view... (fixed this once before, on another
>>system, cannot figure it out now).
>>
>>Subject pretty much sais it all... when I play a video, I can see it
>>fine on my monitor, but, it appears as a black-window on my TV. I can
>>switch to TV+analog, and it'll appear on the TV, but then, it won't
>>appear on the PC. I do alot of viewing and editing and I often review my
>>work on the TV, instead of sitting at the PC for hrs at a time, so it's
>>kind of a pain having to continuously switch views. I had this same
>>problem on my son's PC, and fixed it once, (this was before I gave it to
>>him, so he doesn't use the TV-out feature), but I cannot seem to recall
>>what I did in the settings, to fix the problem. Any help would be
>>appreciated.
>>
>>The card I'm using is a geforce FX 5200 w/256mb DDR.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:13:32 GMT, Sharanga Dayananda
<sharanga@gmail.com> wrote:

>Disable the use of Overlays in yer media player app. In WMP, 'tis under
>tools/options/performance/advanced.

Thanx for the suggestion, I tried the two other video-output options in
MPC, and still, no difference. (I do not like, WMP, myself).

VIDiot
....end of line.

VIDiot wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:13:32 GMT, Sharanga Dayananda
> <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Disable the use of Overlays in yer media player app. In WMP, 'tis under
>>tools/options/performance/advanced.
>

> Thanx for the suggestion, I tried the two other video-output options in
> MPC, and still, no difference. (I do not like, WMP, myself).
>

> VIDiot
> ...end of line.
Disable overlay and VMR (software rendering). Then it'll be software
rendering by default for all media players which use the Windows defaults.