MSI 6600GT PCI-E problems

Hi, new here and am looking for some solutions to my problem. My
system is as follows:

AMD Athlon 3500+
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum mobo
2x512meg Corsair Twinx memory
Hitachi 120 gig HD SATA

MSI NX 6600GT 128meg PCI-E vid card (with no extra power supply
needed) funning nVidia 66.93 drivers.
XP Pro w/SP-2 and all the updates.

All equipment is new and just put together last Friday.

After installing the video drivers, I get colored squares all over the
monitor, and a rectangle grouping around the cursor. When trying to
change refresh rates to match the resolution I want, screen goes to
black
constantly till I restart. Then will usually freeze/lock-up system if
there is a site with pictures. Tried uninstalling everything,
reformatting and starting from scratch to no avail.

Without the drivers, and running just the basic XP drivers, sreen is
fine, although I did notice a few blue squares in images with a lot
of blacks.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong? This is the monitor I am using
http://www.kdscanada.ca/2003/Xflat/xf9bi.htm

Could my card be defective? Install something wrong?

Thanks for any ideas anyone might have to solve the problem.

MT
2 answers Last reply
More about 6600gt problems

    Try one of the many 7x.xx drivers.
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

    DaveL

    "MinorThreat" <webehi2@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi, new here and am looking for some solutions to my problem. My
    > system is as follows:
    >
    > AMD Athlon 3500+
    > MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum mobo
    > 2x512meg Corsair Twinx memory
    > Hitachi 120 gig HD SATA
    >
    > MSI NX 6600GT 128meg PCI-E vid card (with no extra power supply
    > needed) funning nVidia 66.93 drivers.
    > XP Pro w/SP-2 and all the updates.
    >
    > All equipment is new and just put together last Friday.
    >
    > After installing the video drivers, I get colored squares all over the
    > monitor, and a rectangle grouping around the cursor. When trying to
    > change refresh rates to match the resolution I want, screen goes to
    > black
    > constantly till I restart. Then will usually freeze/lock-up system if
    > there is a site with pictures. Tried uninstalling everything,
    > reformatting and starting from scratch to no avail.
    >
    > Without the drivers, and running just the basic XP drivers, sreen is
    > fine, although I did notice a few blue squares in images with a lot
    > of blacks.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea what is wrong? This is the monitor I am using
    > http://www.kdscanada.ca/2003/Xflat/xf9bi.htm
    >
    > Could my card be defective? Install something wrong?
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas anyone might have to solve the problem.
    >
    > MT

    The symptoms sound like you may be using an underpowered/unstable power
    supply unit in your computer.

    --
    DaveW

    "MinorThreat" <webehi2@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi, new here and am looking for some solutions to my problem. My
    > system is as follows:
    >
    > AMD Athlon 3500+
    > MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum mobo
    > 2x512meg Corsair Twinx memory
    > Hitachi 120 gig HD SATA
    >
    > MSI NX 6600GT 128meg PCI-E vid card (with no extra power supply
    > needed) funning nVidia 66.93 drivers.
    > XP Pro w/SP-2 and all the updates.
    >
    > All equipment is new and just put together last Friday.
    >
    > After installing the video drivers, I get colored squares all over the
    > monitor, and a rectangle grouping around the cursor. When trying to
    > change refresh rates to match the resolution I want, screen goes to
    > black
    > constantly till I restart. Then will usually freeze/lock-up system if
    > there is a site with pictures. Tried uninstalling everything,
    > reformatting and starting from scratch to no avail.
    >
    > Without the drivers, and running just the basic XP drivers, sreen is
    > fine, although I did notice a few blue squares in images with a lot
    > of blacks.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea what is wrong? This is the monitor I am using
    > http://www.kdscanada.ca/2003/Xflat/xf9bi.htm
    >
    > Could my card be defective? Install something wrong?
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas anyone might have to solve the problem.
    >
    > MT

Nvidia PCI Express Graphics MSI-Microstar