MSI 6600GT PCI-E problems

minorthreat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2004

Hi, new here and am looking for some solutions to my problem. My
system is as follows:

AMD Athlon 3500+
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum mobo
2x512meg Corsair Twinx memory
Hitachi 120 gig HD SATA

MSI NX 6600GT 128meg PCI-E vid card (with no extra power supply
needed) funning nVidia 66.93 drivers.
XP Pro w/SP-2 and all the updates.

All equipment is new and just put together last Friday.

After installing the video drivers, I get colored squares all over the
monitor, and a rectangle grouping around the cursor. When trying to
change refresh rates to match the resolution I want, screen goes to
black
constantly till I restart. Then will usually freeze/lock-up system if
there is a site with pictures. Tried uninstalling everything,
reformatting and starting from scratch to no avail.

Without the drivers, and running just the basic XP drivers, sreen is
fine, although I did notice a few blue squares in images with a lot
of blacks.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong? This is the monitor I am using
http://www.kdscanada.ca/2003/Xflat/xf9bi.htm

Could my card be defective? Install something wrong?

Thanks for any ideas anyone might have to solve the problem.

MT

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Try one of the many 7x.xx drivers.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

DaveL

"MinorThreat" <webehi2@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi, new here and am looking for some solutions to my problem. My
> system is as follows:
>
> AMD Athlon 3500+
> MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum mobo
> 2x512meg Corsair Twinx memory
> Hitachi 120 gig HD SATA
>
> MSI NX 6600GT 128meg PCI-E vid card (with no extra power supply
> needed) funning nVidia 66.93 drivers.
> XP Pro w/SP-2 and all the updates.
>
> All equipment is new and just put together last Friday.
>
> After installing the video drivers, I get colored squares all over the
> monitor, and a rectangle grouping around the cursor. When trying to
> change refresh rates to match the resolution I want, screen goes to
> black
> constantly till I restart. Then will usually freeze/lock-up system if
> there is a site with pictures. Tried uninstalling everything,
> reformatting and starting from scratch to no avail.
>
> Without the drivers, and running just the basic XP drivers, sreen is
> fine, although I did notice a few blue squares in images with a lot
> of blacks.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is wrong? This is the monitor I am using
> http://www.kdscanada.ca/2003/Xflat/xf9bi.htm
>
> Could my card be defective? Install something wrong?
>
> Thanks for any ideas anyone might have to solve the problem.
>
> MT

The symptoms sound like you may be using an underpowered/unstable power
supply unit in your computer.

--
DaveW

"MinorThreat" <webehi2@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi, new here and am looking for some solutions to my problem. My
> system is as follows:
>
> AMD Athlon 3500+
> MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum mobo
> 2x512meg Corsair Twinx memory
> Hitachi 120 gig HD SATA
>
> MSI NX 6600GT 128meg PCI-E vid card (with no extra power supply
> needed) funning nVidia 66.93 drivers.
> XP Pro w/SP-2 and all the updates.
>
> All equipment is new and just put together last Friday.
>
> After installing the video drivers, I get colored squares all over the
> monitor, and a rectangle grouping around the cursor. When trying to
> change refresh rates to match the resolution I want, screen goes to
> black
> constantly till I restart. Then will usually freeze/lock-up system if
> there is a site with pictures. Tried uninstalling everything,
> reformatting and starting from scratch to no avail.
>
> Without the drivers, and running just the basic XP drivers, sreen is
> fine, although I did notice a few blue squares in images with a lot
> of blacks.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is wrong? This is the monitor I am using
> http://www.kdscanada.ca/2003/Xflat/xf9bi.htm
>
> Could my card be defective? Install something wrong?
>
> Thanks for any ideas anyone might have to solve the problem.
>
> MT

TRENDING THREADS