Geez,look at this mess

9 different 6800's!!!!
555 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB PCI Express
$445 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB
$478 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB Extreme
$279 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 128MB
$242 - GeForce 6800 LE 128MB
$427 - GeForce 6800 GT 256MB PCI Express
$344 - GeForce 6800 GT 256MB
$320 - GeForce 6800 GT 128MB
$323 - GeForce 6800 GE 256MB
$257 - GeForce 6600 GT OC 128MB
$178 - GeForce 6600 GT 128MB
$128 - GeForce 6600 256MB
$113 - GeForce 6600 128MB

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:00:00 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>9 different 6800's!!!!
> 555 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB PCI Express
> $445 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB
> $478 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB Extreme
> $279 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 128MB
> $242 - GeForce 6800 LE 128MB
> $427 - GeForce 6800 GT 256MB PCI Express
> $344 - GeForce 6800 GT 256MB
> $320 - GeForce 6800 GT 128MB
> $323 - GeForce 6800 GE 256MB
> $257 - GeForce 6600 GT OC 128MB
> $178 - GeForce 6600 GT 128MB
> $128 - GeForce 6600 256MB
> $113 - GeForce 6600 128MB

LOL. That is a mess. Where did you get the prices? Weird that a
128MB Ultra (didn't know they made such a beast) is less that a 128MB
GT. And I wonder what a "GE" is?

Just c/p'ed off pricewatch.com
"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:00:00 GMT, "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net>
> wrote:
>
> >9 different 6800's!!!!
> > 555 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB PCI Express
> > $445 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB
> > $478 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB Extreme
> > $279 - GeForce 6800 Ultra 128MB
> > $242 - GeForce 6800 LE 128MB
> > $427 - GeForce 6800 GT 256MB PCI Express
> > $344 - GeForce 6800 GT 256MB
> > $320 - GeForce 6800 GT 128MB
> > $323 - GeForce 6800 GE 256MB
> > $257 - GeForce 6600 GT OC 128MB
> > $178 - GeForce 6600 GT 128MB
> > $128 - GeForce 6600 256MB
> > $113 - GeForce 6600 128MB
> >

> LOL. That is a mess. Where did you get the prices? Weird that a
> 128MB Ultra (didn't know they made such a beast) is less that a 128MB
> GT. And I wonder what a "GE" is?

> 9 different 6800's!!!!

.... And that doesn't even count all the ones with the same name but
different specs. Maybe that's not as much a problem on the high end as
it is on the low end, where you have no idea what you're going to get
until you get it.

I think the video card manufacturers are moving toward a system where NO
TWO CARDS have the same specs. That way, users can't use benchmarks to
find what they want.

"My friend bought a ZootyForce 20X6 and it ran Doom IV just fine. How
come mine chugs so badly?"

"Looks like yours only has the 81-bit bus and the 3 fragment shader
crossbar loopback fusion metaprocessors. His has the 307-bit bus and
the full 6 metaprocessors, plus it's clocked 207MHz higher."

"But they cost the same! They came in the same box! They were right
next to each other on the shelf!"

"Yeah, what's your point?"