Difference between GeForce FX5200 and FX5700 PCI

Hi again,

What is the difference between these two cards?

I'm asking because I cannot find any FX5700 PCI Cards in the UK...All I am
seeing is either FX5200 PCI or FX5700 AGP. What I really want though, is an
FX5700 PCI Card. Does anyone know of any UK suppliers that sell the FX5700
PCI?

Thanks again,

Neil
22 answers Last reply
More about difference geforce fx5200 fx5700

    Why want a PCI version?
    Don't you have an agp slot?

    www.kelkoo.co.uk

    Keep in mind that these are PCI "'Express" cards they're talking
    about...totally new configuration. Not just the plain old PCI slots on
    every mobo on the planet.

    --
    Jeff McKinnon

    If we are in fact discusing pci-e then to the extend of my knowledge there
    are no pci-e 5200's the best he can do for that sort of price range is a
    6200(stay away from turbo cache!!!)

    "Jeff McKinnon" <jnmckinnonATcableoneDOTnet> wrote in message
    > Keep in mind that these are PCI "'Express" cards they're talking
    > about...totally new configuration. Not just the plain old PCI slots on
    > every mobo on the planet.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff McKinnon

    IF that is so then it should have been said................

    The system in question is a Dell Dimension 2350 with the following spec.

    2.6GHz P4 Northwood
    512MB PC2100 RAM (Upgraded from 256MB)
    120GB Hard Drive
    64MB Intel Extreme (Extreme, my arse!) Integrated Graphics

    I don't do much gaming, just the odd bit of UT 2003 and Sim City 4 and a few
    others. My system lacks an AGP slot, which I didn't realise when I bought
    it back in 2003. I would like something that improves over the Integrated
    Graphics.

    "Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > If we are in fact discusing pci-e then to the extend of my knowledge there
    > are no pci-e 5200's the best he can do for that sort of price range is a
    > 6200(stay away from turbo cache!!!)
    >

    > "Jeff McKinnon" <jnmckinnonATcableoneDOTnet> wrote in message
    >> Keep in mind that these are PCI "'Express" cards they're talking
    >> about...totally new configuration. Not just the plain old PCI slots on
    >> every mobo on the planet.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jeff McKinnon

    Sorry about the ma,e change, I am using my friend's computer today.
    "Raymond Shaw" <fourwinns248forsale@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > The system in question is a Dell Dimension 2350 with the following spec.
    >
    > 2.6GHz P4 Northwood
    > 512MB PC2100 RAM (Upgraded from 256MB)
    > 120GB Hard Drive
    > 64MB Intel Extreme (Extreme, my arse!) Integrated Graphics
    >
    > I don't do much gaming, just the odd bit of UT 2003 and Sim City 4 and a
    > few
    > others. My system lacks an AGP slot, which I didn't realise when I bought
    > it back in 2003. I would like something that improves over the Integrated
    > Graphics.
    >
    > "Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> If we are in fact discusing pci-e then to the extend of my knowledge
    >> there are no pci-e 5200's the best he can do for that sort of price range
    >> is a 6200(stay away from turbo cache!!!)
    >>

    >> "Jeff McKinnon" <jnmckinnonATcableoneDOTnet> wrote in message
    >>> Keep in mind that these are PCI "'Express" cards they're talking
    >>> about...totally new configuration. Not just the plain old PCI slots on
    >>> every mobo on the planet.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jeff McKinnon

    Damnit! Sorry about the NAME change...and now the typo! :-P
    "Neil Barras" <dontspamme@spammmenot.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry about the ma,e change, I am using my friend's computer today.
    > "Raymond Shaw" <fourwinns248forsale@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> The system in question is a Dell Dimension 2350 with the following spec.
    >>
    >> 2.6GHz P4 Northwood
    >> 512MB PC2100 RAM (Upgraded from 256MB)
    >> 120GB Hard Drive
    >> 64MB Intel Extreme (Extreme, my arse!) Integrated Graphics
    >>
    >> I don't do much gaming, just the odd bit of UT 2003 and Sim City 4 and a
    >> few
    >> others. My system lacks an AGP slot, which I didn't realise when I
    >> bought
    >> it back in 2003. I would like something that improves over the
    >> Integrated Graphics.
    >>
    >> "Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>> If we are in fact discusing pci-e then to the extend of my knowledge
    >>> there are no pci-e 5200's the best he can do for that sort of price
    >>> range is a 6200(stay away from turbo cache!!!)
    >>>

    >>> "Jeff McKinnon" <jnmckinnonATcableoneDOTnet> wrote in message

    There is no such card manufactured as an FX 5700 PCI. Only the 5200 PCI.

    --
    DaveW

    "Neil Barras" <dontspamme@spammenot.com> wrote in message
    > Hi again,
    >
    > What is the difference between these two cards?
    >
    > I'm asking because I cannot find any FX5700 PCI Cards in the UK...All I am
    > seeing is either FX5200 PCI or FX5700 AGP. What I really want though, is
    > an
    > FX5700 PCI Card. Does anyone know of any UK suppliers that sell the
    > FX5700
    > PCI?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Neil

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Neil Barras ordered an army of
    hamsters to type:

    > Hi again,
    >
    > What is the difference between these two cards?
    >
    > I'm asking because I cannot find any FX5700 PCI Cards in the UK...All
    > I am seeing is either FX5200 PCI or FX5700 AGP. What I really want
    > though, is an FX5700 PCI Card. Does anyone know of any UK suppliers
    > that sell the FX5700 PCI?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Neil

    Even Dabs has sold out of 5700's. Maybe you could contact Inno direct,
    who make the 5700 PCI's, asking to buy one?

    http://www.inno3d.com/where/where_europe.html there is one uk distributer
    listed.

    http://www.kmscomponents.com/htm/products/graphics/nvidia.shtm
    but they dont have the 5700 PCU's listed either T_T
    you're best bet might be to call them and ask.

    An alternative could be a Matrox Parhelia 512 PCI?....£357 on dabs

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, DaveW ordered an army of hamsters to
    type:

    > There is no such card manufactured as an FX 5700 PCI. Only the 5200 PCI.

    http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce_fx/fx5700_5700le.html
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    In article <Xns96006BE74955ToHeart@194.168.222.123>,
    kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net says...
    > In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, DaveW ordered an army of hamsters to
    > type:
    >
    > > There is no such card manufactured as an FX 5700 PCI. Only the 5200 PCI.
    > >

    > http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce_fx/fx5700_5700le.html

    And from Newegg:

    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-140-
    041&depa=0

    APOLLO nVIDIA GeForce FX5700LE Video Card, 128MB DDR, DVI/TV Out,
    PCI Model "APV-P5700LE 128M" -RETAIL

    Well, it is an LE. <shrug>

    ` Bill
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Neil Barras:

    > I have seen XFX, PNY and some others, but I am unsure
    > as to who to go for.

    In your case, XFX or Gainward.

    --
    Mac Cool
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Dell Dimension 2350 don't have a PCI express slot.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Neil,
    that pc uses a motherboard that cannot take any versions of PCI cards other
    than regular PCI.
    It cannot take the newer PCI-E ones at all.
    There are plenty of PCI FX 5200's and FX 5700's
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
    > Neil,
    > that pc uses a motherboard that cannot take any versions of PCI cards
    > other than regular PCI.
    > It cannot take the newer PCI-E ones at all.
    > There are plenty of PCI FX 5200's and FX 5700's

    Hi guys,

    Seeing that I can find more FX5200's than FX5700's, I at the moment feel
    inclined to shop around for an FX5200. Any more inputs?

    Thanks for everything,

    Neil
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Raymond Shaw" <fourwinns248forsale@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > The system in question is a Dell Dimension 2350 with the following spec.
    >
    > 2.6GHz P4 Northwood
    > 512MB PC2100 RAM (Upgraded from 256MB)
    > 120GB Hard Drive
    > 64MB Intel Extreme (Extreme, my arse!) Integrated Graphics
    >
    > I don't do much gaming, just the odd bit of UT 2003 and Sim City 4 and a
    > few
    > others. My system lacks an AGP slot, which I didn't realise when I bought
    > it back in 2003. I would like something that improves over the Integrated
    > Graphics.

    I recommend a new mobo (say £40) and an AGP Geforce 4 Ti4200 (£35 from Scan,
    less on eBay)
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    We have been discussing original PCI since the first post nero. I pointed
    out the PCI version of the 5700 when he asked about a 5200 for gaming.
    "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
    > Neil,
    > that pc uses a motherboard that cannot take any versions of PCI cards
    other
    > than regular PCI.
    > It cannot take the newer PCI-E ones at all.
    > There are plenty of PCI FX 5200's and FX 5700's

  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Keep in mind that these are PCI "'Express" cards they're talking
    about...totally new configuration. Not just the plain old PCI slots on
    every mobo on the planet.

    --
    Jeff McKinnon "
    We have been discussing original PCI since the first post nero. I pointed
    out the PCI version of the 5700 when he asked about a 5200 for gaming

    "
    Oh really?
    Then what was that other one about then???
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > The reviews I read are here:
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-140-041
    >
    > They make the card sound pretty damn good.

    Yeah; NewEgg actively censors reviews that don't...
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    This is very true. If you point out a major flaw in a product Newegg will
    not post it. Not only that, they will not address the problem either. This
    is the only thing wrong with Newegg. But, at least they do offer these
    added features to the shopping process.

    I bought a Samsung monitor and the dimensions were incorrectly listed by the
    manufacturer (also incorrect on Samsung's website). I pointed this out in a
    review and Newegg refused to post it.

    DaveL

    "Lachoneus" <lachoneus@nonexistent.net> wrote in message
    >> The reviews I read are here:
    >> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-140-041
    >>
    >> They make the card sound pretty damn good.
    >
    > Yeah; NewEgg actively censors reviews that don't...
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Hi guys,

    I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a new case and MoBo. I am still
    looking around, but am looking towards an Asus ATX Board and Nvidia AGP
    card...As I am now going to get an AGP card, I am going to take a look at
    the various ones available. Any recommendations on the chipset?

    Thanks,

    Neil
    > "Keep in mind that these are PCI "'Express" cards they're talking
    > about...totally new configuration. Not just the plain old PCI slots on
    > every mobo on the planet.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff McKinnon "
    > We have been discussing original PCI since the first post nero. I pointed
    > out the PCI version of the 5700 when he asked about a 5200 for gaming
    >
    > "
    > Oh really?
    > Then what was that other one about then???

Nvidia PCI Geforce Graphics Product