dual monitors, 2nd monitor on left?

I just hooked up a second monitor to my 6800 ultra and want it to be on the
left side as that is the free side. The mouse and joystick are on the
right. Anyway, on to the problem. I want the second monitor to be on the
left side and operate as the secondary display. But I cannot get it to do
that. Every time I try to set it only allows the secondary display on the
right, the primary is always on the left.

What am I missing? Is there anyway to make it so I can drag off the left
side of the primary to get to the second monitor? It gets confusing
dragging the mouse to the right to get to the monitor on my left and vice
versa.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Switch the cables on the video card then make the #2 monitor the default
monitor. You can then drag left.

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
>I just hooked up a second monitor to my 6800 ultra and want it to be on the
> left side as that is the free side. The mouse and joystick are on the
> right. Anyway, on to the problem. I want the second monitor to be on the
> left side and operate as the secondary display. But I cannot get it to do
> that. Every time I try to set it only allows the secondary display on the
> right, the primary is always on the left.
>
> What am I missing? Is there anyway to make it so I can drag off the left
> side of the primary to get to the second monitor? It gets confusing
> dragging the mouse to the right to get to the monitor on my left and vice
> versa.
>
> --
>
> Margolis
> http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
> http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
>I just hooked up a second monitor to my 6800 ultra and want it to be on the
> left side as that is the free side. The mouse and joystick are on the
> right. Anyway, on to the problem. I want the second monitor to be on the
> left side and operate as the secondary display. But I cannot get it to do
> that. Every time I try to set it only allows the secondary display on the
> right, the primary is always on the left.
>
> What am I missing? Is there anyway to make it so I can drag off the left
> side of the primary to get to the second monitor? It gets confusing
> dragging the mouse to the right to get to the monitor on my left and vice
> versa.

in the display properties - settings tab, you can drag them around, even put
one on top of the other!

"Iain Dingsdale" <iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> in the display properties - settings tab, you can drag them around, even
put
> one on top of the other!

thanks for that simple little fix. I knew I had to be missing something very
obvious. ;o0 I never tried dragging them like that. I kept using the
'custom' option in the display properties wizard and it just wouldn't
cooperate.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

Thanks Iain, I learn something every day !

"RonK" <I'mhere@home.com> wrote in message
> Switch the cables on the video card then make the #2 monitor the default
> monitor. You can then drag left.

thats a bit of a long way round surely?

> "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
>>I just hooked up a second monitor to my 6800 ultra and want it to be on
>>the
>> left side as that is the free side. The mouse and joystick are on the
>> right. Anyway, on to the problem. I want the second monitor to be on
>> the
>> left side and operate as the secondary display. But I cannot get it to
>> do
>> that. Every time I try to set it only allows the secondary display on
>> the
>> right, the primary is always on the left.
>>
>> What am I missing? Is there anyway to make it so I can drag off the left
>> side of the primary to get to the second monitor? It gets confusing
>> dragging the mouse to the right to get to the monitor on my left and vice
>> versa.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Margolis
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
>> http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

SanoTooo

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
Agreed, doesn't do crap. Switched cables, jockeyed Nvidia settings, Windows settings. The f-ing main monitor wants to be in the far left position.

Biggest point and a small PIA, I took a screen grab and was wondering why the grab didn't have anything from my main. D'oh. The screen grab got (b)both(/b) monitor's displays.