GeForce 2 mx400, can't install video driver

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2005 1:39:28 AM

Hey folks,

I hope one of you can help..

I've recently tried updating my video card driver and can't get it to work

I've downloaded the drivers from nvidia, tried using the windows update
method. And it fails everytime...

I did manage to get it to install an old nvidia driver, but that isn't what
I'm looking to do..

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
TIA

--
"The developed nations of the world cannot remain secure islands of
prosperity in a seething sea of poverty. The storm is rising against

Your video card is a much older design and is NOT stable with the newer
Nvidia drivers which are designed to deliver DX 9.0c which is not compatible
with your card. You SHOULD be using the older more stable drivers for that
card, such as the 45.23.

--
DaveW

"Four20Seconds" <B@6yEp5i1.0n> wrote in message
> Hey folks,
>
> I hope one of you can help..
>
> I've recently tried updating my video card driver and can't get it to work
>
> I've downloaded the drivers from nvidia, tried using the windows update
> method. And it fails everytime...
>
> I did manage to get it to install an old nvidia driver, but that isn't
> what I'm looking to do..
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> TIA
>
> --
> "The developed nations of the world cannot remain secure islands of
> prosperity in a seething sea of poverty. The storm is rising against
> the privileged minority of the earth, from which there is no shelter
> in isolation and armament. The storm will not abate until a just
> distribution of the fruits of the earth enables men everywhere to live
> in dignity and human decency."
> Martin Luther King, Jr

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 12:37:58 AM

DaveW wrote:
> Your video card is a much older design and is NOT stable with the newer
> Nvidia drivers which are designed to deliver DX 9.0c which is not compatible
> with your card. You SHOULD be using the older more stable drivers for that
> card, such as the 45.23.

This is misleading. The newer drivers should run fine, and drivers that
old may not work with some newer games.

How is it failing to install?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada