GeForce 2 mx400, can't install video driver

Hey folks,

I hope one of you can help..

I've recently tried updating my video card driver and can't get it to work

I've downloaded the drivers from nvidia, tried using the windows update
method. And it fails everytime...

I did manage to get it to install an old nvidia driver, but that isn't what
I'm looking to do..

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
TIA

--
"The developed nations of the world cannot remain secure islands of
prosperity in a seething sea of poverty. The storm is rising against

    Your video card is a much older design and is NOT stable with the newer
    Nvidia drivers which are designed to deliver DX 9.0c which is not compatible
    with your card. You SHOULD be using the older more stable drivers for that
    card, such as the 45.23.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW wrote:
    > Your video card is a much older design and is NOT stable with the newer
    > Nvidia drivers which are designed to deliver DX 9.0c which is not compatible
    > with your card. You SHOULD be using the older more stable drivers for that
    > card, such as the 45.23.

    This is misleading. The newer drivers should run fine, and drivers that
    old may not work with some newer games.

    How is it failing to install?

    --
    Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada