ASUS V8200 Ti200 deluxe overlay video playback problem

Hi,
I have been using an ASUS V8200 Geforce3 Ti200 deluxe for a couple
of years without any problems. But recently I started watching videos
on it and some high qualities XviD MPEG-4 videos are a bit choppy (not
that much but it's a bit annoying). I was thinking that If I turn on
video overlay on my problem could be solve, but it doesn't seems to
work at all. I think it used to work in the past I remember having
noticed it in videos played on IE. I know that the NVIDIA overlay tab
is only visible (ungreyed) when playing a video. I tried it in Winamp
5.08d & Media Player 6.4 (yes I know it's old, I just hate newer
versions) but the the overlay tab is always greyed out.

Am I supposed to be able to play XviD MPEG-4 with winamp in overlay
mode or just DVDs? Does Media Player 6.4 supports overlays or should I
forget about this one?

I use the NVIDIA detonator drivers, I don't remember witch version
(it's a bit old) but if I look in the driver details tab I see
version: 2.8.3.2. I'm running Windows 2000 SP4 on and Athlon XP 1800+
with 512 Megs of memory.
My system is has dual monitors the ASUS as primary and a Matrox
Millennium II. I tried to disable the second monitor via the monitor
settings but it didn't change anything.

I don't really want to change the driver for a newer one because I had
some problems with other versions in the past. Do you think my problem
has something to do with this version?

By the way I have disabled the NVIDIA driver helper service because I
don't need it. I tried to restart it and it didn't change anything.

Is there a way to detect if my system supports overlays?

Any help or suggestions will be greatly welcome.
Thanks in advance

I'm sorry, I just found the problem using dxdiag my direct draw was
disabled on the ASUS video card.

I really don't understand why, anyway no everything works fine.