No display with Nvidia GeForce MX400 monitor blinks

Hi,

I have been having a problem with my Nvidia geforce MX400 card and
when i try to put it in the AGP slot the monitor does not display
anything, the computer seems as it is booted with power going to hdd
and the cdroms and even the keyboards lights flicks once as it does
in a normal boot.

I have checked the card on another comp and it works fine. Previously
it was working fine on the same comp, but once i removed it to give
to my friend and after that it just dosen't start the display.

Is it a problem with the AGP slot, if yes can i repair or clean it in
anyway.

Please Advice

Thank you in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about display nvidia geforce mx400 monitor blinks

    Also, you can try uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers with your
    antivirus turned off.

    My pc dosen't show up anything on the screen. If i remove the AGP card
    the pc boots up properly and i can see everything on the screen.

    After i had faced the problem i have reinstalled windows xp so the old
    drivers will not be there

    keithdsouza82@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (keithdsouza) wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been having a problem with my Nvidia geforce MX400 card and
    > when i try to put it in the AGP slot the monitor does not display
    > anything, the computer seems as it is booted with power going to hdd
    > and the cdroms and even the keyboards lights flicks once as it does
    > in a normal boot.
    >
    > I have checked the card on another comp and it works fine. Previously
    > it was working fine on the same comp, but once i removed it to give
    > to my friend and after that it just dosen't start the display.
    >
    > Is it a problem with the AGP slot, if yes can i repair or clean it in
    > anyway.
    >
    > Please Advice
    >
    > Thank you in advance

    Well, if your BIOS is cached and the video BIOS is cached and the BIOS
    has no way to know that you have decided to use an AGP version, I can see
    how your symptom may develop. Try turning off the cache' temporarily and
    set the BIOS for AGP Video and see if you get a display from there.

Nvidia Monitors Geforce Graphics