Comparable Nvidia to an ATI 9600XT vivo card?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • ATI
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 23, 2005 3:48:12 AM

Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.

Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card

My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.

Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.

I give up.. I'm going back.

Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..

Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
it (so I can actually use it)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Tony!

More about : comparable nvidia ati 9600xt vivo card

February 23, 2005 3:48:13 AM

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

But this card is about twice as fast. There may be some FX cards that fit
your description but I don't recommend anybody buy one.

DaveL

"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
>
> Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
>
> My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
> system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
>
> Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
> getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
>
> I give up.. I'm going back.
>
> Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
> better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
>
> Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
> it (so I can actually use it)
>
> Thoughts? Ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tony!

February 23, 2005 6:06:51 AM

"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
>
> Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
>
> My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
> system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
>
> Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
> getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
>
> I give up.. I'm going back.
>
> Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
> better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
>
> Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
> it (so I can actually use it)

A direct equivalent would be a 5700 Ultra VIVO card. Who has one is another
question.
February 23, 2005 6:06:52 AM

I have the 5700 ultra with GDDR3 memory and it has yet to fail in any
fashion.
February 23, 2005 7:25:35 AM

Ack.. forgot to mention an important thing.. lookin at about $130ish
for a price

(Wouldn't turn down this one though if some nice person gave it as a
gift lol)

-T-

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:11:13 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>
>But this card is about twice as fast. There may be some FX cards that fit
>your description but I don't recommend anybody buy one.
>
>DaveL
>

>"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
>>
>> Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
>>
>> My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
>> system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
>>
>> Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
>> getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
>>
>> I give up.. I'm going back.
>>
>> Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
>> better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
>>
>> Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
>> it (so I can actually use it)
>>
>> Thoughts? Ideas?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Tony!

February 23, 2005 8:18:29 AM

"BK24" <butternut@charter.net> wrote in message
>I have the 5700 ultra with GDDR3 memory and it has yet to fail in any
>fashion.

I know they're a good card. Try finding a VIVO version for sale new anywhere
now. Ebay is the best bet
!