Comparable Nvidia to an ATI 9600XT vivo card?

Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.

Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card

My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.

Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.

I give up.. I'm going back.

Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..

Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
it (so I can actually use it)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Tony!
5 answers Last reply
More about comparable nvidia 9600xt vivo card

    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-150&depa=1

    But this card is about twice as fast. There may be some FX cards that fit
    your description but I don't recommend anybody buy one.

    DaveL

    "Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
    >
    > Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
    >
    > My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
    > system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
    >
    > Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
    > getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
    >
    > I give up.. I'm going back.
    >
    > Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
    > better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
    >
    > Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
    > it (so I can actually use it)
    >
    > Thoughts? Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tony!

    "Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
    >
    > Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
    >
    > My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
    > system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
    >
    > Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
    > getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
    >
    > I give up.. I'm going back.
    >
    > Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
    > better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
    >
    > Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
    > it (so I can actually use it)

    A direct equivalent would be a 5700 Ultra VIVO card. Who has one is another
    question.

    I have the 5700 ultra with GDDR3 memory and it has yet to fail in any
    fashion.

    Ack.. forgot to mention an important thing.. lookin at about $130ish
    for a price

    (Wouldn't turn down this one though if some nice person gave it as a
    gift lol)

    -T-

    "BK24" <butternut@charter.net> wrote in message
    >I have the 5700 ultra with GDDR3 memory and it has yet to fail in any
    >fashion.

    I know they're a good card. Try finding a VIVO version for sale new anywhere
    now. Ebay is the best bet

Nvidia ATI Graphics Product