Comparable Nvidia to an ATI 9600XT vivo card?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.

Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card

My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.

Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.

I give up.. I'm going back.

Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..

Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
it (so I can actually use it)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Tony!

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-150&depa=1

But this card is about twice as fast. There may be some FX cards that fit
your description but I don't recommend anybody buy one.

DaveL

"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
>
> Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
>
> My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
> system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
>
> Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
> getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
>
> I give up.. I'm going back.
>
> Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
> better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
>
> Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
> it (so I can actually use it)
>
> Thoughts? Ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tony!

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
>
> Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
>
> My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
> system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
>
> Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
> getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
>
> I give up.. I'm going back.
>
> Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
> better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
>
> Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
> it (so I can actually use it)

A direct equivalent would be a 5700 Ultra VIVO card. Who has one is another
question.

I have the 5700 ultra with GDDR3 memory and it has yet to fail in any
fashion.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Ack.. forgot to mention an important thing.. lookin at about $130ish
for a price

(Wouldn't turn down this one though if some nice person gave it as a
gift lol)

-T-

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:11:13 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-150&depa=1
>
>But this card is about twice as fast. There may be some FX cards that fit
>your description but I don't recommend anybody buy one.
>
>DaveL
>

>"Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> Not to spark any ATI -vs- Nvidia wars here.;. really looking for info.
>>
>> Months ago I replaced my Nvidia 400MX with an ATI 9600XT VIVO card
>>
>> My (1.3ghz t-bird & ATI KT7-Raid) system went from rock solid to a
>> system that freezes or reboots by itself 2-10 times an hour.
>>
>> Did a bunch of stuff to make this no longer happen up to and including
>> getting a Battery Backup to make sure power was clean.
>>
>> I give up.. I'm going back.
>>
>> Looking for suggestions for an Nvidia card comparable or slightly
>> better than the Ati 9600XT card I have..
>>
>> Like the VIVO feature.. would really like to get an Nvidia card with
>> it (so I can actually use it)
>>
>> Thoughts? Ideas?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Tony!

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"BK24" <butternut@charter.net> wrote in message
>I have the 5700 ultra with GDDR3 memory and it has yet to fail in any
>fashion.

I know they're a good card. Try finding a VIVO version for sale new anywhere
now. Ebay is the best bet

TRENDING THREADS