Pocket Inbox 2003 -- POP3 client

April 14, 2004 7:26:49 PM

Is there any way to get the POP3 client to leave the messages on the
server, like most other clients? I want to be able to read/send emails
from my PDA, but I also want incoming messages to be available on my
desktop w/o having to sync.

I realize that if I use IMAP I won't have this problem, but its not an
option at this point.

--
Kenneth Murchison Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer 21 Princeton Place

Actually, Pocket Outlook (on your PDA) does just that
with POP3 accounts, it -copies- the messages to itself
and leaves the messages on the server.

Hope it helps.

~S.

Ken Murchison <ken@oceana.com> wrote in news:uCfASZlIEHA.2656
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:26:49 -0400, Ken Murchison <ken@oceana.com>
wrote:

>Is there any way to get the POP3 client to leave the messages on the
>server, like most other clients?

This is the standard behavior of Inbox. The messages will be deleted
from the server, if they are deleted in Inbox, and Deleted Items is
emptied. If you want manual control over the latter, go to Accounts |
Accounts | Message and set Empty Deleted Items to Manually.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices [ http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile ]