6800 GT which manufacturer would you recommend?

Hi,

I am currently thinking on replacing my leadteck 6800 TDH by a 6800 GT.
Would you alos recommend the 6800 GT TDH from leadteck or from another
manufacturer ?

Any advice are welcome.

Asus ,, i own both Asus v9999 6800GT 256 and v9999 6800 Gamer Edition ..
both are good cards.. beautiful cards, rock solid

"Corwin [anti-spam]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently thinking on replacing my leadteck 6800 TDH by a 6800 GT.
> Would you alos recommend the 6800 GT TDH from leadteck or from another
> manufacturer ?
>
> Any advice are welcome.

I've had great expierences with BFG

"Corwin [anti-spam]" <corwinz[anti-spam]@[anti-spam]free.fr> wrote in
message news:421cf3fc$0$7051$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
> Hi,
>
> I am currently thinking on replacing my leadteck 6800 TDH by a 6800 GT.
> Would you alos recommend the 6800 GT TDH from leadteck or from another
> manufacturer ?
>
> Any advice are welcome.

I too am happy with my BFG.

John

"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> I've had great expierences with BFG
>
> "Corwin [anti-spam]" <corwinz[anti-spam]@[anti-spam]free.fr> wrote in
> message news:421cf3fc$0$7051$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently thinking on replacing my leadteck 6800 TDH by a 6800 GT.
>> Would you alos recommend the 6800 GT TDH from leadteck or from another
>> manufacturer ?
>>
>> Any advice are welcome.

Can't go wrong with EVGA-Purchased a 5900 Ultra about two years ago and a
6800GT last month. No problems with either one and both are overclocked
right out of the box. They also have one of the best tech support web sites
going.
"Corwin [anti-spam]" <corwinz[anti-spam]@[anti-spam]free.fr> wrote in
message news:421cf3fc$0$7051$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
> Hi,
>
> I am currently thinking on replacing my leadteck 6800 TDH by a 6800 GT.
> Would you alos recommend the 6800 GT TDH from leadteck or from another
> manufacturer ?
>
> Any advice are welcome.

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"crystal ship" <me@me.net> wrote in message news:421D314F.FB57BEBC@me.net...
> Asus ,, i own both Asus v9999 6800GT 256 and v9999 6800 Gamer Edition ..
> both are good cards.. beautiful cards, rock solid

I already own a 6800nu(V-9999 TD),128MB and i'm not very happy with its
perfomance.I'm looking for the Gamers edition because the ultra is pretty
expensive right now(~633 euros) and i can't find the GT 256 version,only the
128.Of course the 128 GT version is just like a nu (325/700Mhz) 16/1,6vp.
Did you manage to unlock the extra pipelines/shaders on your GE?How's the
perfomance?(especially with 4xAA,8AF enabled).Its price is about 400Euros.

TIA.

Razor wrote:
> "crystal ship" <me@me.net> wrote in message
>> Asus ,, i own both Asus v9999 6800GT 256 and v9999 6800 Gamer
>> Edition .. both are good cards.. beautiful cards, rock solid
>

> I already own a 6800nu(V-9999 TD),128MB and i'm not very happy with
> its perfomance.I'm looking for the Gamers edition because the ultra
> is pretty expensive right now(~633 euros) and i can't find the GT 256
> version,only the 128.Of course the 128 GT version is just like a nu
> (325/700Mhz) 16/1,6vp. Did you manage to unlock the extra
> pipelines/shaders on your GE?How's the perfomance?(especially with
> 4xAA,8AF enabled).Its price is about 400Euros.

I have a 256MB V9999 and it seems to give good performance in everything
I've tried so far. I used RivaTuner to unlock the extra pipes and vertex
shader but don't see a lot of difference in performance. I only recently
dl'd 3DMark03 so perhaps I'll try to see if there's some measurable
difference with and without them.

--
dvus

"Tom Dauphin" <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Can't go wrong with EVGA-Purchased a 5900 Ultra about two years ago
> and a 6800GT last month. No problems with either one and both are
> overclocked right out of the box. They also have one of the best tech
> support web sites going.
> "Corwin [anti-spam]" <corwinz[anti-spam]@[anti-spam]free.fr> wrote in
> message news:421cf3fc$0$7051$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently thinking on replacing my leadteck 6800 TDH by a 6800
>> GT. Would you alos recommend the 6800 GT TDH from leadteck or from
>> another manufacturer ?
>>
>> Any advice are welcome.

I'm picking up my new eVGA 6800GT tomorrow afternoon...if the guy got it
in that is. This will be my second eVGA card, and I'm happy with the
first.
Just need more performance :)
McG.