NTune vs. BIOS overclocking`

I have DFI LanParty NF3 250GB, AMD64 2800, 512 MB
I wanted to overclock my cpu but have no idea how to do so.
So I used the NVidia software 'NTune' to optimize my system.

Will overclocking my CPU via the BIOS conflict with NTune?

"root" <root@linux.site> wrote in message
>I have DFI LanParty NF3 250GB, AMD64 2800, 512 MB
> I wanted to overclock my cpu but have no idea how to do so.
> So I used the NVidia software 'NTune' to optimize my system.
>
> Will overclocking my CPU via the BIOS conflict with NTune?

This is a videocard newsgroup- you'll have better luck visiting the great
guys at:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php

for the answer to that question.

!bungle

Windows XP SP2
DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb
w/stock BIOS 9/14
AMD64 3200+ Newcastle CG
2X512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200
BFG GeForce 6600GT OC AGP 8X w/128MB DDR3
nForce 71.80beta
2X60GB Maxtor SATA HD RAID
Artec DVD/CDRW 52X
Ultra ULT-31646 500W w/CPS
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Aircooled
Saitek PC Gaming KB
Logitech MX510
Envision EFT920
Logitech X-230
NO OVERCLOCKING (except BFG factory OC Videocard- "twice OC'd")

Well,yougot a lot of reading and experimenting to do. Generally,overclocking
is done by raising the bus speed(FSB) through the BIOS.It sounds simple and
it is,but once you do that you usually have to raise the voltages too.
All CPU's are not equal.So,while one guy night get a 500+ mhz overclock with
a 2800+ the next might only get 100mhz.
Quality components play a big part in successful overclocking too. RAM and
motherboard especially.
Since the A64 2800+ runs at 400mhz FSB,fast ram is essential. Good quality
PC3200 will get allow a small overclock. PC3700 and up will be needed for
any extreme overclocking. Do a Google search for all this stuff.It's easy to
find.
"root" <root@linux.site> wrote in message
> I have DFI LanParty NF3 250GB, AMD64 2800, 512 MB
> I wanted to overclock my cpu but have no idea how to do so.
> So I used the NVidia software 'NTune' to optimize my system.
>
> Will overclocking my CPU via the BIOS conflict with NTune?

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Can you even READ?
A video card group is just that..............for video cards and nuthin else
thicko

"Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
> Can you even READ?
> A video card group is just that..............for video cards and nuthin
> else thicko

Coexist already!

--
Ed Light