Geforce 5600 fx updates?

I hope someone can help me

I have downloaded a game to try but it keep's crashing, the screen goes
black but sound is heard for a few seconds.... Then after about 10 to 15
seconds my monitor goes into standby mode.

The game is Settlers: Heritage of Kings..... I have been to the game
makers web site and forum and this seems to be a problem for a number
people.

I've tried altering antialiasing and anisotropic in the performance
settings but the game still crashs.

I know it's the demo and I by all accounts it still crashs in the full
version.

So I hope someone can help, are there any new drivers planned soon for
the geforce cards or are there others on the market that work with geforce?

cheers
4 answers Last reply
More about geforce 5600 updates

    There are many ,many drivers for the fx cards. Try guru3d.com.You can use
    just about any version from 43.xx to 7x.xx nvidea drivers.
    It would help if you posted which drivers you use now. Enabling AA and AF
    probaly wouldn't cause crashing.Just slow framerate.
    "bri" <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I hope someone can help me
    >
    > I have downloaded a game to try but it keep's crashing, the screen goes
    > black but sound is heard for a few seconds.... Then after about 10 to 15
    > seconds my monitor goes into standby mode.
    >
    > The game is Settlers: Heritage of Kings..... I have been to the game
    > makers web site and forum and this seems to be a problem for a number
    > people.
    >
    > I've tried altering antialiasing and anisotropic in the performance
    > settings but the game still crashs.
    >
    > I know it's the demo and I by all accounts it still crashs in the full
    > version.
    >
    > So I hope someone can help, are there any new drivers planned soon for
    > the geforce cards or are there others on the market that work with
    geforce?

    > cheers

    I am using 66.93 from nvidia and I have also installed Nforce 5.10 also
    from nvidia.... Also DirectX 9.0c (needed for game)

    I have disabled AA and AF and I think everyone has tried that for the
    game.... I think it's a fault on the coding side from UBI, they are
    getting stick because they are saying nothing

    will have a look at the site you put in your post

    dawg wrote:
    > There are many ,many drivers for the fx cards. Try guru3d.com.You can use
    > just about any version from 43.xx to 7x.xx nvidea drivers.
    > It would help if you posted which drivers you use now. Enabling AA and AF
    > probaly wouldn't cause crashing.Just slow framerate.
    > "bri" <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>I hope someone can help me
    >>
    >>I have downloaded a game to try but it keep's crashing, the screen goes
    >>black but sound is heard for a few seconds.... Then after about 10 to 15
    >>seconds my monitor goes into standby mode.
    >>
    >>The game is Settlers: Heritage of Kings..... I have been to the game
    >>makers web site and forum and this seems to be a problem for a number
    >>people.
    >>
    >>I've tried altering antialiasing and anisotropic in the performance
    >>settings but the game still crashs.
    >>
    >>I know it's the demo and I by all accounts it still crashs in the full
    >>version.
    >>
    >>So I hope someone can help, are there any new drivers planned soon for
    >>the geforce cards or are there others on the market that work with
    >
    > geforce?
    >
    >>cheers

    "bri" <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I hope someone can help me
    >
    > I have downloaded a game to try but it keep's crashing, the screen goes
    > black but sound is heard for a few seconds.... Then after about 10 to 15
    > seconds my monitor goes into standby mode.
    >
    > The game is Settlers: Heritage of Kings..... I have been to the game
    > makers web site and forum and this seems to be a problem for a number
    > people.
    >
    > I've tried altering antialiasing and anisotropic in the performance
    > settings but the game still crashs.
    >
    > I know it's the demo and I by all accounts it still crashs in the full
    > version.
    >
    > So I hope someone can help, are there any new drivers planned soon for the
    > geforce cards or are there others on the market that work with geforce?
    >
    > cheers

    Are you playing v1.04 of the demo?

    Supposedly an update, but no details were given... here's the link:

    http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096481076/

    !bungle

    I have heard of some problems with the 66.93 drivers. I tried using them
    with Gothic 2. The flickering textures were really bad so I was told to try
    the earlier(very) 44.03. That fixed the problem 95%. The rest was the fault
    of the game I think.
    > I am using 66.93 from nvidia and I have also installed Nforce 5.10 also
    > from nvidia.... Also DirectX 9.0c (needed for game)
    >
    > I have disabled AA and AF and I think everyone has tried that for the
    > game.... I think it's a fault on the coding side from UBI, they are
    > getting stick because they are saying nothing
    >
    > will have a look at the site you put in your post
    >

    > dawg wrote:
    > > There are many ,many drivers for the fx cards. Try guru3d.com.You can
    use
    > > just about any version from 43.xx to 7x.xx nvidea drivers.
    > > It would help if you posted which drivers you use now. Enabling AA and
    AF
    > > probaly wouldn't cause crashing.Just slow framerate.
    > > "bri" <bri_competitionsNOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I hope someone can help me
    > >>
    > >>I have downloaded a game to try but it keep's crashing, the screen goes
    > >>black but sound is heard for a few seconds.... Then after about 10 to 15
    > >>seconds my monitor goes into standby mode.
    > >>
    > >>The game is Settlers: Heritage of Kings..... I have been to the game
    > >>makers web site and forum and this seems to be a problem for a number
    > >>people.
    > >>
    > >>I've tried altering antialiasing and anisotropic in the performance
    > >>settings but the game still crashs.
    > >>
    > >>I know it's the demo and I by all accounts it still crashs in the full
    > >>version.
    > >>
    > >>So I hope someone can help, are there any new drivers planned soon for
    > >>the geforce cards or are there others on the market that work with
    > >
    > > geforce?
    > >
    > >>cheers

Nvidia Games Geforce Graphics