FX5200 and Directx 9.0c - installing DX9 completely stuffe..

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently installed DX9.0c and immediately found that Direct Draw was
stuffed. None of my games run, the PC just locks up.

does anyone have any idea about whether their is a compatibility issue
with FX5200 cards and DX9.0c?

cheers

Harry

My PC is

XP2000
Asus A7V333-X
512Mb 2700RAM
Inno3D 128Mb FX5200
IIyama 1402 CRT

ceebee

Harry <A@A.A> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> does anyone have any idea about whether their is a compatibility
> issue with FX5200 cards and DX9.0c?

No, I run 9.0c without any problems at all. The whole (maybe only:))
point of the FX5200 is DX9 compatibility.

Tried updating/reinstalling drivers? Which ones are you running?

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Harry wrote:
> I recently installed DX9.0c and immediately found that Direct Draw was
> stuffed. None of my games run, the PC just locks up.
>
> does anyone have any idea about whether their is a compatibility issue
> with FX5200 cards and DX9.0c?
>
> cheers
>
> Harry
>
> My PC is
>
> XP2000
> Asus A7V333-X
> 512Mb 2700RAM
> Inno3D 128Mb FX5200
> IIyama 1402 CRT
reload chipset agp vgart driver and video card driver, should be
fine, using the same card and 9C no problems.

farmuse wrote:
> Harry wrote:
>
>> I recently installed DX9.0c and immediately found that Direct Draw was
>> stuffed. None of my games run, the PC just locks up.
>>
>> does anyone have any idea about whether their is a compatibility issue
>> with FX5200 cards and DX9.0c?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Harry
>>
>> My PC is
>>
>> XP2000
>> Asus A7V333-X
>> 512Mb 2700RAM
>> Inno3D 128Mb FX5200
>> IIyama 1402 CRT
>
> reload chipset agp vgart driver and video card driver, should be
> fine, using the same card and 9C no problems.

An earlier post mentioned a bit about reinstalling the AGP driver in
regular (not Turbo) mode to cure instability. From what I remember,
VIA's "Turbo" AGP driver only enabled FW's and (maybe?) 8x, but probably
some timings also.

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 2 Mar 2005 16:04:04 GMT, CeeBee <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote:

>Harry <A@A.A> wrote in alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
>

>> does anyone have any idea about whether their is a compatibility
>> issue with FX5200 cards and DX9.0c?
>
>No, I run 9.0c without any problems at all. The whole (maybe only:))
>point of the FX5200 is DX9 compatibility.
>
>Tried updating/reinstalling drivers? Which ones are you running?
I was originally on the 56.72 drivers. Once I had the problem I
upgraded to 61.76

I will try the VIA AGP driver that was mentioned in another post and
see if that helps.

cheers