Flashing red dots in DVI with 5200 at high res

I'm having a problem with my Gigabyte Geforce FX 5200 128MB AGP card and my
Samsung Syncmaster 910T monitor. When I connect the monitor to the DVI port
at 1280x1024 60Hz, I get weird red flashing dots in some dark grey areas of
photos. I will also get cyan dots and streaks in medium grey areas. I get
green dots in other areas.

The problem disappears if I switch to a lower resolution or if I use the
analog connection. However, I bought this video card specifically for its
DVI connector, so that's not an option.

I've tried changing the drivers to the latest released NVidia drivers, as
well as the latest Beta drivers. No improvement. I also tried updating to a
more recent video card BIOS but that didn't help either.

Has anyone else experienced this?

--
----------------------------------
kevin thom

Could be a cheap cable or interference...

"Kevin Thom" <newsgroup.xspamx@justpixels.ca> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem with my Gigabyte Geforce FX 5200 128MB AGP card and
> my
> Samsung Syncmaster 910T monitor. When I connect the monitor to the DVI
> port
> at 1280x1024 60Hz, I get weird red flashing dots in some dark grey areas
> of
> photos. I will also get cyan dots and streaks in medium grey areas. I get
> green dots in other areas.
>
> The problem disappears if I switch to a lower resolution or if I use the
> analog connection. However, I bought this video card specifically for its
> DVI connector, so that's not an option.
>
> I've tried changing the drivers to the latest released NVidia drivers, as
> well as the latest Beta drivers. No improvement. I also tried updating to
> more recent video card BIOS but that didn't help either.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> --
> kevin thom
> www.kevinthom.com

bobbyrulez

Bullshit. Same problem on 4770 on mine. Golden pin HQ cable, problem never exist on any NVIDIA card. So I'm dropping this 4770 crap ASAP.