Java Apps fuzzy

I have just got an XFX 6600 GT and am so far very impressed.

I am using the 71.84 Nvidia beta drivers. I have noticed that all Java
apps are fuzzy. It's quite annoying.

Is this a known issue?

/ducks and runs in case this has been answered before as did check
before posting <g>.

--
Cheers,

Guy

That's because you went out and bought an XFX Card. What did I tell ya.
They aren't good graphics cards!!!

people read other forums regarding this brand of cards and you will see what
end users say. Of course a low percentage of them will like them, but a
much higher percentage will say... The XFX Graphics cards are poorly
built...

Dr Teeth wrote:
> I have just got an XFX 6600 GT and am so far very impressed.
>
> I am using the 71.84 Nvidia beta drivers. I have noticed that all Java
> apps are fuzzy. It's quite annoying.
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> /ducks and runs in case this has been answered before as did check
> before posting <g>.

I don't think it has anything specifically to do with your card, but
I've noticed a lot of Java based installers and interfaces lately using
their own "Cleartype" sort of fonts and smoothing options.

If you're using some kind of embedded 3d app, it might be due to your
antialiasing settings. Try forcing it off in the Global profile.

Dr Teeth wrote:
> I have just got an XFX 6600 GT and am so far very impressed.
>
> I am using the 71.84 Nvidia beta drivers. I have noticed that all Java
> apps are fuzzy. It's quite annoying.
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> /ducks and runs in case this has been answered before as did check
> before posting <g>.

Antialiasing is causing that. Turn it off and note the difference.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:08:05 GMT, non_sequitur <non_sequitur@att.com>
wrote:

>Antialiasing is causing that. Turn it off and note the difference.

Just updated to the official 71.84 drivers and they don't work/display
at all! Just a plain gray box appears on the screen.

Turning off anti-aliasing fixes it.

FFS, didn't have this issue with ATi drivers...

--
Cheers,

Guy

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:20:35 -0800, "Richard K Rabbat"
<richardkr@comcast.net> wrote:

>That's because you went out and bought an XFX Card. What did I tell ya.
>They aren't good graphics cards!!!

yeah, yeah, yeah

kerplunk!!

--