Cable walk

Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk up
the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is on
the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there, they
obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring the
bridge in detail).

--cleve

Cleve wrote:

> Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk up
> the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is on
> the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there, they
> obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring the
> bridge in detail).
>
> --cleve

eek, I'm scared of heights, and judging from CJ's reaction when slips
so is he :O)
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:29:00 -0700, Cleve wrote:

> Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk
> up the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute
> is on the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute
> there, they obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now
> (exploring the bridge in detail).

you never cease to amaze me... keep up the good work!

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:29:00 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk up
>the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is on
>the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there, they
>obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring the
>bridge in detail).
>
>--cleve

That would be the Gant (Golden Gate) Bridge, correct? (most northerly)
It has the parachute and sign: "No easter eggs up here, go away"

I know that the Garden (Oakland Bay) Bridge, that is next to the
Kincaid train tracks bridge, has a ramp, on the cables.
You can BMX, even NRG to the top.
Makes for a hell of an interesting stunt. :)

"§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:29:00 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk
>>up
>>the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is
>>on
>>the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there,
>>they
>>obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring
>>the
>>bridge in detail).
>>
>>--cleve
>>

> That would be the Gant (Golden Gate) Bridge, correct? (most northerly)
> It has the parachute and sign: "No easter eggs up here, go away"

I guess it's the Garden (the one just north of the red train bridge). Just
a parachute. No sign. (I haven't examined the Gant in detail yet, so I
don't know if a similar thing is possible there. I know about the sign,
though.)

> I know that the Garden (Oakland Bay) Bridge, that is next to the
> Kincaid train tracks bridge, has a ramp, on the cables.

Figured it wouldn't be news to everyone.

> You can BMX, even NRG to the top.

If you're INSANE!

> Makes for a hell of an interesting stunt. :)

I bet.

--cleve

sky

Distinguished
May 30, 2001

Cleve wrote ...
> "§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:29:00 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk
>>>up
>>>the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is
>>>on
>>>the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there,
>>>they
>>>obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring
>>>the
>>>bridge in detail).
>>>
>>>--cleve
>>>

>> That would be the Gant (Golden Gate) Bridge, correct? (most northerly)
>> It has the parachute and sign: "No easter eggs up here, go away"
>>

> I guess it's the Garden (the one just north of the red train bridge). Just a
> parachute. No sign. (I haven't examined the Gant in detail yet, so I don't
> know if a similar thing is possible there. I know about the sign, though.)
>
>> I know that the Garden (Oakland Bay) Bridge, that is next to the
>> Kincaid train tracks bridge, has a ramp, on the cables.
>
> Figured it wouldn't be news to everyone.
>
>> You can BMX, even NRG to the top.
>
> If you're INSANE!
>
>> Makes for a hell of an interesting stunt. :)
>
> I bet.
>
> --cleve

the easter egg sign is in the first support, the parachute is on the
second (if you come from San Fierro)

--
Bye
Sky

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:15:45 +0200, "Sky"
<skyNOdragonSPAM@emailPLEASE.it> wrote:

>Cleve wrote ...
>> "§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message

>>> That would be the Gant (Golden Gate) Bridge, correct? (most northerly)
>>> It has the parachute and sign: "No easter eggs up here, go away"
>>>

>> I guess it's the Garden (the one just north of the red train bridge). Just a
>> parachute. No sign. (I haven't examined the Gant in detail yet, so I don't
>> know if a similar thing is possible there. I know about the sign, though.)
>>
>>> I know that the Garden (Oakland Bay) Bridge, that is next to the
>>> Kincaid train tracks bridge, has a ramp, on the cables.
>>
>> Figured it wouldn't be news to everyone.
>>
>>> You can BMX, even NRG to the top.
>>
>> If you're INSANE!
>>
>>> Makes for a hell of an interesting stunt. :)
>>
>> I bet.
>>
>> --cleve
>
>the easter egg sign is in the first support, the parachute is on the
>second (if you come from San Fierro)

right, i checked the Gant.

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:59:09 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>"§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:29:00 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk
>>>up
>>>the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is
>>>on
>>>the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there,
>>>they
>>>obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring
>>>the
>>>bridge in detail).
>>>
>>>--cleve
>>>

>> That would be the Gant (Golden Gate) Bridge, correct? (most northerly)
>> It has the parachute and sign: "No easter eggs up here, go away"
>>

>I guess it's the Garden (the one just north of the red train bridge). Just
>a parachute. No sign. (I haven't examined the Gant in detail yet, so I
>don't know if a similar thing is possible there. I know about the sign,
>though.)
>
>> I know that the Garden (Oakland Bay) Bridge, that is next to the
>> Kincaid train tracks bridge, has a ramp, on the cables.
>
>Figured it wouldn't be news to everyone.
>
>> You can BMX, even NRG to the top.
>
>If you're INSANE!
>
>> Makes for a hell of an interesting stunt. :)
>
>I bet.
>
>--cleve

L0L
not insane just careful,
yet with a stunter's thrill-seeker-ness. :)

In message <_QNLe.3144$Ji4.615@fed1read03>
"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

> Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk up
> the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is on
> the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there, they
> obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring the
> bridge in detail).

There's also a minigun on the south-western end on a small stone
structure. I've always use a helicopter or jetpack to get it, and never
realised it's possible to grab it as easily as your method!

Cheers,
Rob

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <_QNLe.3144$Ji4.615@fed1read03>
> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk
>> up
>> the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is
>> on
>> the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there,
>> they
>> obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring
>> the
>> bridge in detail).
>
> There's also a minigun on the south-western end on a small stone
> structure. I've always use a helicopter or jetpack to get it, and never
> realised it's possible to grab it as easily as your method!

That's on the train (red) bridge just south of the auto bridge I've been
talking about. I don't think you can walk the cables to it on that bridge.
There are cross members in the way.

--cleve

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:24:40 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> In message <_QNLe.3144$Ji4.615@fed1read03>
>> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Noticed this during my explorations: you can -- on foot -- carefully walk
>>> up
>>> the bridge cable to the top of the western support where the parachute is
>>> on
>>> the auto bridge that joins SF and LV. Since there's a parachute there,
>>> they
>>> obviously intended that, but I never thought of it until now (exploring
>>> the
>>> bridge in detail).
>>
>> There's also a minigun on the south-western end on a small stone
>> structure. I've always use a helicopter or jetpack to get it, and never
>> realised it's possible to grab it as easily as your method!
>>

>That's on the train (red) bridge just south of the auto bridge I've been
>talking about. I don't think you can walk the cables to it on that bridge.
>There are cross members in the way.
>
>--cleve

Can't get the mini-gun without jetpack or helicopter.
I've tried the tallest vehicles as well.

> > You can BMX, even NRG to the top.
>
> If you're INSANE!
>
> > Makes for a hell of an interesting stunt. :)

Oooh like it, like it... must get a PCJ/NRG/similar up there!

*rubs hands*

This is actually nothing new to me -> did any of you guys ever drive a
PCJ all the way up the red steel girders to the top of the construction
site in VC?

One of my favorite hangouts: Fun + great views up there & also great
for sniping.

When you're done or when pesky helicopters start showing up, you can do
an extreme bike jump off the highest girder - they intended this to be
possible, but I don't remember if it counts as unique jump or not.

>This is actually nothing new to me -> did any of you guys ever
>drive a PCJ all the way up the red steel girders to the top of the
>construction site in VC?

Yes, I did! I tried the girder jump a couple of times but always ended
up in the river, then about a year later I discovered the "lean
forwards" button and went back and did it!

Phil Hibbs.

We're talking about VC here, the construction site where you meet the
guy with the hat.

Phil Hibbs.

In message <1124274398.743552.133630@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

> >This is actually nothing new to me -> did any of you guys ever
> >drive a PCJ all the way up the red steel girders to the top of the
> >construction site in VC?
>
> Yes, I did! I tried the girder jump a couple of times but always ended
> up in the river, then about a year later I discovered the "lean
> forwards" button and went back and did it!

Is it possible to get a motorcyle up there before you've unlocked it? I
might have just found a new strategy to this circle of peace, it beats
swimming across :eek:)

Cheers,
Rob

sky

Distinguished
May 30, 2001

PhilHibbs scrisse ...
> We're talking about VC here, the construction site where you meet the
> guy with the hat.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

the guy with the hat is *Avery Carrington*

--
Bye
Sky

On 16 Aug 2005 23:58:35 -0700, "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>> > You can BMX, even NRG to the top.
>>
>> If you're INSANE!
>>
>> > Makes for a hell of an interesting stunt. :)
>
>Oooh like it, like it... must get a PCJ/NRG/similar up there!
>
>*rubs hands*
>
>This is actually nothing new to me -> did any of you guys ever drive a
>PCJ all the way up the red steel girders to the top of the construction
>site in VC?
>
>One of my favorite hangouts: Fun + great views up there & also great
>for sniping.
>
>When you're done or when pesky helicopters start showing up, you can do
>an extreme bike jump off the highest girder - they intended this to be
>possible, but I don't remember if it counts as unique jump or not.

That is one of the Unique Stunts, required for 100% in Vice City.

Love that construction site as well, great fun for PCJ stunting .
Personally, I favored the Prawn island Fountain.
I think all of this talk.....
Heading back to good old Prawn Island, have PCJ's saved at all the
safe house garages, and the 2 closest, El Casa Swanko, and Hyman
Condo.

Great fun!!!! Thanks for the triple insane memories! :)