nvidia geforce FX 5200LE: only b/w TV-screen on w2k

Hi,

I cannot find the right configuration on win2k to see an coloured screen
on my tv. I'm using PAL-B (germany; I tried all possible other
PAL/NTSC-formats), fullscreen-video, nview-modus "clone" (monitor and
tv-svreen), 1024*768px. On Monitor is all right, but on my TV all is
shown only black/white.
nvidia diplay-driver version 6.14.xx.

What can I do?

Thanks for help,
Martin

Martin Horoba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot find the right configuration on win2k to see an coloured screen
> on my tv. I'm using PAL-B (germany; I tried all possible other
> PAL/NTSC-formats), fullscreen-video, nview-modus "clone" (monitor and
> tv-svreen), 1024*768px. On Monitor is all right, but on my TV all is
> shown only black/white.
> nvidia diplay-driver version 6.14.xx.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Martin
Set the TV output mode to Composite from auto-select or S-Video. 'tis
under the TV out advanced settings.

Are you using a composite to SCART convertor? Most cheap convertors
don't tie the brighness and colour signals together which means you'll
only get black and white through it.

http://www.mts-data.no/images/kabel10.jpg is a picture of one such
device. Some of them will give you a colour picture and some won't.

Once again, If yer using such an adaptor, make sure yer TV output mode
is set to composite and not auto or s-video.

Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
> Martin Horoba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I cannot find the right configuration on win2k to see an coloured
>> screen on my tv. I'm using PAL-B (germany; I tried all possible other
>> PAL/NTSC-formats), fullscreen-video, nview-modus "clone" (monitor and
>> tv-svreen), 1024*768px. On Monitor is all right, but on my TV all is
>> shown only black/white.
>> nvidia diplay-driver version 6.14.xx.
>>
>> What can I do?
>>
>> Thanks for help,
>> Martin
>
> Set the TV output mode to Composite from auto-select or S-Video. 'tis
> under the TV out advanced settings.
>
> Are you using a composite to SCART convertor? Most cheap convertors
> don't tie the brighness and colour signals together which means you'll
> only get black and white through it.
>
> http://www.mts-data.no/images/kabel10.jpg is a picture of one such
> device. Some of them will give you a colour picture and some won't.
>
> Once again, If yer using such an adaptor, make sure yer TV output mode
> is set to composite and not auto or s-video.
BTW, you'll get b/w output with such a block if you connect using an
S-Video cable. In this case setting the output mode to composite even
though yer connected through S-Video --> Scart adapter --> TV will
correctly give you colour.

Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
> Set the TV output mode to Composite from auto-select or S-Video. 'tis
> under the TV out advanced settings.

I just now saw, that the composite output mode and NTSC-J made an
coloured TV-screen, PAL-xx not.

> Are you using a composite to SCART convertor? Most cheap convertors
> don't tie the brighness and colour signals together which means you'll
> only get black and white through it.
>
> http://www.mts-data.no/images/kabel10.jpg is a picture of one such
> device. Some of them will give you a colour picture and some won't.

Yes, I'm using an convertor/adaptor like on the picture. Now, I'll try
to show a movie with NTSC-J and composite-mode.

> Once again, If yer using such an adaptor, make sure yer TV output mode
> is set to composite and not auto or s-video.

Much thanks for your help.
Martin

TRENDING THREADS