nvidia -> tv

Hi

I want to clone my display and show it on tv with scart connection.
so far so good i got no problems, but the cloned display on the tv is
shown only in black/white.
i got no colour!!!

any ideas?

Franjo Bratic
joebratic@gmx.net
ICQ: #139365970
Student der TUGraz

Set yer TV output mode to Composite ( Not auto or S-Video ) and possible 60
Hz NTSC, if yer TV canna handle 60 Hz PAL ( most modern European TVs can
handle 60 Hz NTSC).

Sharanga Dayananda schrieb:
> Set yer TV output mode to Composite ( Not auto or S-Video ) and possible 60
> Hz NTSC, if yer TV canna handle 60 Hz PAL ( most modern European TVs can
> handle 60 Hz NTSC).
> "Bratic Franjo" <joebratic@gmx.net> wrote in message
thanks

this is exactly the problem
when i choose composite mode then the picture is shown only for a few
seconds in colour and after that it disapears

any ideas?

>>Hi
>>
>>I want to clone my display and show it on tv with scart connection.
>>so far so good i got no problems, but the cloned display on the tv is
>>shown only in black/white.
>>i got no colour!!!
>>
>>any ideas?
>>

>>--
>>--
>>Franjo Bratic
>>joebratic@gmx.net
>>ICQ: #139365970
>>Student der TUGraz

How have you connected the card? Are you using a SCART block adapter which
has Composite, S-Video and Audio L/R?

Does yer graphics card come with something other than an S-Video only
dongle. Does it have a composite output plug?

How have you connected it?

Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
> How have you connected the card? Are you using a SCART block adapter which
> has Composite, S-Video and Audio L/R?
The graphic card has an S-Video Out and of course the one with 15 pins
for the monitor.

The cable for the connection between the pc and tv is on the one side
suitable for the graphics card S-Video and for the SoundCard Audio and
on the other side the cable has a scart for the tv.

> Does yer graphics card come with something other than an S-Video only
> dongle. Does it have a composite output plug?
my graphic card has no composite output plug.

> How have you connected it?
of course and I have the newest drivers installed

ideas!?

> "Bratic Franjo" <joebratic@gmx.net> wrote in message
>
>>Sharanga Dayananda schrieb:
>>
>>> Set yer TV output mode to Composite ( Not auto or S-Video ) and possible
>>>60 Hz NTSC, if yer TV canna handle 60 Hz PAL ( most modern European TVs
>>>can handle 60 Hz NTSC).
>>>"Bratic Franjo" <joebratic@gmx.net> wrote in message
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>this is exactly the problem
>>when i choose composite mode then the picture is shown only for a few
>>seconds in colour and after that it disapears
>>
>>any ideas?

Franjo Bratic
joebratic@gmx.net
ICQ: #139365970
Student der TUGraz

Are you connecting it through a SCART adapter, like this one:

http://www.vandenhul.com/other/scart_s-vhsL.jpg

?

Because if you are most of these cheap adapters don't support colour through
S-Video because they don't tie in the colour and luminance signals.

Your best bet is to get one of these:

http://myahead.com/go/look/product.show_product?v_id=4901 and then plug it
into the composite video input on yer SCART block.

If you don't believe me about SCART adapters ( the cheaper types ) not
supporting colour through S-Video, check this out:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894

OR

http://www.svideo.com/svideoscart.html (where you can buy a suitable
adapter, though this would be more expensive than the simple plug I
mentioned earlier)

nVidia has an option to send a composite signal over the S-Video output, so
that even with these cheap adapters you could get a colour signal. Changing
the output mode to Composite and using the S-Video plug used to do this. In
your case it looks like the BIOS on yer particular graphics card disables
the S-Video output when you use composite. If you could get a dongle ( from
an nVidia card, which breaks out into S-Video and composite, say from an
older GeForce card ) it should give you a composite connection. The wiring
is sure to be there though they haven't given a suitable cable.

"Bratic" <joebratic@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
>> How have you connected the card? Are you using a SCART block adapter
>> which has Composite, S-Video and Audio L/R?
> The graphic card has an S-Video Out and of course the one with 15 pins for
> the monitor.
>
> The cable for the connection between the pc and tv is on the one side
> suitable for the graphics card S-Video and for the SoundCard Audio and on
> the other side the cable has a scart for the tv.
>>
>> Does yer graphics card come with something other than an S-Video only
>> dongle. Does it have a composite output plug?
> my graphic card has no composite output plug.
>>
>> How have you connected it?
> of course and I have the newest drivers installed
>
> ideas!?
>>

>> "Bratic Franjo" <joebratic@gmx.net> wrote in message

>>>thanks
>>>
>>>this is exactly the problem
>>>when i choose composite mode then the picture is shown only for a few
>>>seconds in colour and after that it disapears
>>>
>>>any ideas?

> Franjo Bratic
> joebratic@gmx.net
> ICQ: #139365970
> Student der TUGraz

Sharanga Dayananda schrieb:
> Are you connecting it through a SCART adapter, like this one:

this is the cable I am using

http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*91397/action*2563

still got the same problem

> http://www.vandenhul.com/other/scart_s-vhsL.jpg
>
> ?
>
> Because if you are most of these cheap adapters don't support colour through
> S-Video because they don't tie in the colour and luminance signals.
>
> Your best bet is to get one of these:
>
> http://myahead.com/go/look/product.show_product?v_id=4901 and then plug it
> into the composite video input on yer SCART block.
>
> If you don't believe me about SCART adapters ( the cheaper types ) not
> supporting colour through S-Video, check this out:
>
> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
>
> OR
>
> http://www.svideo.com/svideoscart.html (where you can buy a suitable
> adapter, though this would be more expensive than the simple plug I
> mentioned earlier)
>
> nVidia has an option to send a composite signal over the S-Video output, so
> that even with these cheap adapters you could get a colour signal. Changing
> the output mode to Composite and using the S-Video plug used to do this. In
> your case it looks like the BIOS on yer particular graphics card disables
> the S-Video output when you use composite. If you could get a dongle ( from
> an nVidia card, which breaks out into S-Video and composite, say from an
> older GeForce card ) it should give you a composite connection. The wiring
> is sure to be there though they haven't given a suitable cable.
>

> "Bratic" <joebratic@gmx.net> wrote in message
>
>>Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
>>
>>>How have you connected the card? Are you using a SCART block adapter
>>>which has Composite, S-Video and Audio L/R?
>>
>>The graphic card has an S-Video Out and of course the one with 15 pins for
>>the monitor.
>>
>>The cable for the connection between the pc and tv is on the one side
>>suitable for the graphics card S-Video and for the SoundCard Audio and on
>>the other side the cable has a scart for the tv.
>>
>>>Does yer graphics card come with something other than an S-Video only
>>>dongle. Does it have a composite output plug?
>>
>>my graphic card has no composite output plug.
>>
>>>How have you connected it?
>>
>>of course and I have the newest drivers installed
>>
>>ideas!?
>>

>>>"Bratic Franjo" <joebratic@gmx.net> wrote in message

>>--
>>--
>>Franjo Bratic
>>joebratic@gmx.net
>>ICQ: #139365970
>>Student der TUGraz

That's specifically made for PCs by the looks of things. It should work. In
fact it should just work if you force composite. For some reason on yer
setup the S-Video output switches off when in composite mode.

Have you tried altering the colour system, to say some flavour of NTSC? Most
modern European TVs can handle it. There was someone else in here who said
it worked in NTSC/J in composite mode.