GeForce 6600 AGP

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Hi all,
I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce 6600
AGP8 256MB.
http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html

I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
series AGP card I found.
It cost about 175 US$.
A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about 360
US$
Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.

Any experience with this specific card ?
Is it worth the money ?

Thanks,
Tal

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

There are plenty of AGPx8 6600 GTs. Where do you live and why does it cost
so much. In the UK, you can get a GF6 6600 GT AGPx8 for around £150.

"Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce 6600
> AGP8 256MB.
> http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html
>
> I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
> series AGP card I found.
> It cost about 175 US$.
> A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about 360
> US$
> Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.
>
> Any experience with this specific card ?
> Is it worth the money ?
>
> Thanks,
> Tal

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

I live in Israel.

"Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There are plenty of AGPx8 6600 GTs. Where do you live and why does it cost
> so much. In the UK, you can get a GF6 6600 GT AGPx8 for around £150.
>
> "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce
>> 6600
>> AGP8 256MB.
>> http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html
>>
>> I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
>> series AGP card I found.
>> It cost about 175 US$.
>> A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about
>> 360
>> US$
>> Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.
>>
>> Any experience with this specific card ?
>> Is it worth the money ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tal

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

How about this:

http://www.zigzag2000.co.il/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_342&products_id=2580

'tis an AGP 6600 GT from an Israeli. I don't know whether the price is
reasonable.

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:55:02 +0200, "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net>
wrote:

>I live in Israel.

In the UK, PCI express cards are cheaper than AGP cards too!

Shavuah tov.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

It's 300 US$
:(

> How about this:
>
> http://www.zigzag2000.co.il/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_342&products_id=2580
>
> 'tis an AGP 6600 GT from an Israeli. I don't know whether the price is
> reasonable.
>

> "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
>>I live in Israel.
>>

>> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> There are plenty of AGPx8 6600 GTs. Where do you live and why does it
>>> cost so much. In the UK, you can get a GF6 6600 GT AGPx8 for around
>>> £150.
>>>
>>> "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Thanks (Toda :)
Here they are priced about the same. AGP are hader to find.
PCI express will require me to replace the MB, PCU, and RAM too :(

"Dr Teeth" <no_email_here_please@tardis.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:55:02 +0200, "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I live in Israel.
>
> In the UK, PCI express cards are cheaper than AGP cards too!
>
> Shavuah tov.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Guy
>
> ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
> ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
> ** out of someone who richly deserves it.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

150 pounds are about 280 US $

"Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How about this:
>
> http://www.zigzag2000.co.il/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_342&products_id=2580
>
> 'tis an AGP 6600 GT from an Israeli. I don't know whether the price is
> reasonable.
>

> "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
>>I live in Israel.
>>

>> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> There are plenty of AGPx8 6600 GTs. Where do you live and why does it
>>> cost so much. In the UK, you can get a GF6 6600 GT AGPx8 for around
>>> £150.
>>>
>>> "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message

Beowulf

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Tal fuchs wrote:
> Hi all,
> I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce 6600
> AGP8 256MB.
> http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html
>
> I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
> series AGP card I found.
> It cost about 175 US$.
> A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about 360
> US$
> Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.
>
> Any experience with this specific card ?
> Is it worth the money ?
>
> Thanks,
> Tal

i go with the 6600 or 6600GT AGP for the most bang for the buck. You
might what to check out www.newegg.com. When they run a sale they
really run a sale! (upgraded to AMD64 90nm 3000+, gigabyte k8ns-939,
Mushkin 512MB DDR400 for $328 2 day shipping)

depending on brand/memory 6600GT AGP are <$200 US.

Check out some reviews. in some cases, with better cooling, a plain
6600 can be clocked to out perform teh 6600GT.

Beowulf

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Beowulf wrote:
> Tal fuchs wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce
>> 6600
>> AGP8 256MB.
>> http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html
>>
>> I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
>> series AGP card I found.
>> It cost about 175 US$.
>> A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about
>> 360
>> US$
>> Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.
>>
>> Any experience with this specific card ?
>> Is it worth the money ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tal
>>

> i go with the 6600 or 6600GT AGP for the most bang for the buck. You
> might what to check out www.newegg.com. When they run a sale they
> really run a sale! (upgraded to AMD64 90nm 3000+, gigabyte k8ns-939,
> Mushkin 512MB DDR400 for $328 2 day shipping)
>
> depending on brand/memory 6600GT AGP are <$200 US.
>
> Check out some reviews. in some cases, with better cooling, a plain
> 6600 can be clocked to out perform teh 6600GT.

of course, the upgrade was a month ago so now the price is less!!!!

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:13:24 +0200 "Tal fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> meeped :

>150 pounds are about 280 US $

it is...but because of market differences the GT's can be had for 190 bucks.
(100 quid...lol)
--