Hi,
I would like peoples advice/experience on this one please.
I was going to buy this card from ebuyer.co.uk - XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP
128MB, TV and Dual DVI Retail Box for £150.16 inc VAT, Quickfind code:
81923.
But then I have seen this card - Gainward GF 6600 PP Ultra 1780 Golden
Sample, 256MB DDR 8x AGP DVI TV Out Retail for £111.57 inc VAT from
microdirect.
Now I know that Gainward have probably got the best rep and that their
golden sample products are usually of high quality, but this seems too good
to be the real deal. What does the PP & 1780 refer too?
What to do?
Cheers,
Big

"Big" <noreply@home.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like peoples advice/experience on this one please.
> I was going to buy this card from ebuyer.co.uk - XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP
> 128MB, TV and Dual DVI Retail Box for £150.16 inc VAT, Quickfind code:
> 81923.
> But then I have seen this card - Gainward GF 6600 PP Ultra 1780 Golden
> Sample, 256MB DDR 8x AGP DVI TV Out Retail for £111.57 inc VAT from
> microdirect.
> Now I know that Gainward have probably got the best rep and that their
> golden sample products are usually of high quality, but this seems too
> good to be the real deal. What does the PP & 1780 refer too?
> What to do?
> Cheers,
> Big

the gainward is a plain 6600, not the gt. the XFX will be a much faster card
second, dont buy from ebuyer

..
> Now I know that Gainward have probably got the best rep and that their
> golden sample products are usually of high quality, but this seems too
> good to be the real deal. What does the PP & 1780 refer too?

The XFX is a 6600 GT, while the Gainward is only a 6600. However, the
Golden Sample version should allow you to safely overclock to much higher
core speeds.

"Dave Zass" <sendmespam@volleyball.net> wrote in message
> .
>> Now I know that Gainward have probably got the best rep and that their
>> golden sample products are usually of high quality, but this seems too
>> good to be the real deal. What does the PP & 1780 refer too?
>
> The XFX is a 6600 GT, while the Gainward is only a 6600. However, the
> Golden Sample version should allow you to safely overclock to much higher
> core speeds.

So how come it has ultra in the spec?? Should that be allowed, sites
advertising and adding that in?
Anyway, not too worried about overclocking so will want the fastest 'stock'
card, which appears to be the XFX.
I have read good and bad comments about XFX, so I might still take the
chance.
as for ebuyer, I have used them many times and they always come up trumps as
far as i'm concerned.
Thanks for the feedback peeps.
Big

"Freestyler" <freestyler@post.t-com.hr> wrote in message
> gainward 1960/ultra 6600gt GS
PCI-E only??
No thanks, not after a new mobo just yet.

The Gigabyte 6600GT VIVO from dabs has a heatpipe silent heatsink as
standard.

Nice.

> "Dave Zass" <sendmespam@volleyball.net> wrote in message
>> .
>>> Now I know that Gainward have probably got the best rep and that their
>>> golden sample products are usually of high quality, but this seems too
>>> good to be the real deal. What does the PP & 1780 refer too?
>>
>> The XFX is a 6600 GT, while the Gainward is only a 6600. However, the
>> Golden Sample version should allow you to safely overclock to much higher
>> core speeds.
>>
> So how come it has ultra in the spec?? Should that be allowed, sites
> advertising and adding that in?
> Anyway, not too worried about overclocking so will want the fastest
> 'stock' card, which appears to be the XFX.
> I have read good and bad comments about XFX, so I might still take the
> chance.
> as for ebuyer, I have used them many times and they always come up trumps
> as far as i'm concerned.
> Thanks for the feedback peeps.
> Big

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:01:28 GMT "Iain Dingsdale"
<iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> meeped :

> dont buy from ebuyer

Yep...their customer service is shite. (no phone or email)
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Granulated wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:01:28 GMT "Iain Dingsdale"
> <iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> meeped :
>
>> dont buy from ebuyer
>
> Yep...their customer service is shite. (no phone or email)

Total shite... they are fantastic..
--
huLLy
VOIP SIP Phone Number 4823176 on Global Village

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

"huLLy" <zzzpk@aol.com> wrote in message
> Granulated wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:01:28 GMT "Iain Dingsdale"
>> <iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> meeped :
>>
>>> dont buy from ebuyer
>>
>> Yep...their customer service is shite. (no phone or email)
>
> Total shite... they are fantastic..
> --

Well, which is it? Shite or fantastic? Or maybe the new connotation of
fantastic is bad? Wait a minute, bad is now good. Oh to hell with it!

DaveL

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:22:41 -0000 "huLLy" <zzzpk@aol.com> meeped :

>Granulated wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:01:28 GMT "Iain Dingsdale"
>> <iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> meeped :
>>
>>> dont buy from ebuyer
>>
>> Yep...their customer service is shite. (no phone or email)
>
>Total shite... they are fantastic..

Really..I agree that they have some incredible deals but no phone or email
really is utter pants, you've got to admit !

Granulated wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:22:41 -0000 "huLLy" <zzzpk@aol.com> meeped :
>
>> Granulated wrote:
>>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:01:28 GMT "Iain Dingsdale"
>>> <iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> meeped :

>>> Yep...their customer service is shite. (no phone or email)
>>
>> Total shite... they are fantastic..
>
> Really..I agree that they have some incredible deals but no phone or
> email really is utter pants, you've got to admit !

Yes, but that's what keeps them cheap. I've ordered over 100 items with them
and had to send 3 things back.. excellent service everytime.

Just my experience