NvCplDaemon - how to stop ?

Ed

Installed the 71.84 drivers and noted there isn't a NVIDIA Driver help
service to be disabled which was tied to the 66.93 version of the same file
name. Anyone figure out how to stop this from loading each and every time ?

Ed wrote:
> Installed the 71.84 drivers and noted there isn't a NVIDIA Driver help
> service to be disabled which was tied to the 66.93 version of the same file
> name. Anyone figure out how to stop this from loading each and every time ?

Check your registry entries using regedit or msconfig.

Ed

I did. Deleted it in the RUN sections of Windows and then it drops out of
list on msconfig. It is then reentered after a reboot and I am back where I
started.

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Ed wrote:
>> Installed the 71.84 drivers and noted there isn't a NVIDIA Driver help
>> service to be disabled which was tied to the 66.93 version of the same
>> file name. Anyone figure out how to stop this from loading each and
>> every time ?
>
> Check your registry entries using regedit or msconfig.

NvCplDaemon is not the driver helper service, it is the control panel extension that is in the
display properties. The Driver Helper service can be disabled in the Services Control Panel object.
Stop the service and set to manual or disabled to keep from restarting.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"Ed" <idainc@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message news:iwm_d.115447$FM3.86191@fed1read02...
> Installed the 71.84 drivers and noted there isn't a NVIDIA Driver help service to be disabled
> which was tied to the 66.93 version of the same file name. Anyone figure out how to stop this
> from loading each and every time ?

Ed

The weird part of this is that for the 66.93 driver the diver helper service
was listed. In the 71.84 version Helper isn't listed so noting to disable
and NvCplDaemon re-appears after each boot.
"David Vair" <dvair@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> NvCplDaemon is not the driver helper service, it is the control panel
> extension that is in the display properties. The Driver Helper service
> can be disabled in the Services Control Panel object. Stop the service and
> set to manual or disabled to keep from restarting.
> --
> Dave Vair
> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
> Computer Education Services Corp. (CESC)
>
> "Ed" <idainc@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
>> Installed the 71.84 drivers and noted there isn't a NVIDIA Driver help
>> service to be disabled which was tied to the 66.93 version of the same
>> file name. Anyone figure out how to stop this from loading each and
>> every time ?

I am assuming you are running XP. I have 71.84 installed and the service is in the services menu.
If you are running ME aor 98 look in the Run Services entry in registry right below the Run one
where the CPL one is listed. You can check for it in MSCONFIG also, go to services tab, check the
hide Microsoft ones and see if you see it there. If not a reinstall of the drivers may be in
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
Computer Education Services Corp. (CESC)
order.
"Ed" <idainc@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message news:ltq_d.115464$FM3.37097@fed1read02...
> The weird part of this is that for the 66.93 driver the diver helper service was listed. In the
> 71.84 version Helper isn't listed so noting to disable and NvCplDaemon re-appears after each boot.
> "David Vair" <dvair@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
>> NvCplDaemon is not the driver helper service, it is the control panel extension that is in the
>> display properties. The Driver Helper service can be disabled in the Services Control Panel
>> object. Stop the service and set to manual or disabled to keep from restarting.
>> --
>> Dave Vair
>> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
>> Computer Education Services Corp. (CESC)
>>
>> "Ed" <idainc@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message news:iwm_d.115447$FM3.86191@fed1read02...
>>> Installed the 71.84 drivers and noted there isn't a NVIDIA Driver help service to be disabled
>>> which was tied to the 66.93 version of the same file name. Anyone figure out how to stop this
>>> from loading each and every time ?

Ed

Yes running XP Pro.

I deleted the driver through add/remove and reinstalled and omitted
coolbits. The driver help never appeared in services but I edited
nvcpldaemon out of the registry and it did not re-appear at a reboot. Cant
figure it out. Much appreciate your help and suggestion. I never overclock
anyway.