Is XFX a reliable brand?

I owned an XFX 6600GT and it was defective. I returned it and kept my
9800XT. I've spoken to a few others who have said that they experienced
nothing but problems with their XFX card.

Who here has had GOOD results with an XFX card?

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

6600 GT AGP, fast as hell and really reliable.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:30:37 GMT "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@removeme.com> meeped :

>I owned an XFX 6600GT and it was defective. I returned it and kept my
>9800XT. I've spoken to a few others who have said that they experienced
>nothing but problems with their XFX card.
>
>Who here has had GOOD results with an XFX card?

thinking about it... a card is either 100% reliable or it's unreliable, surely.
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

1st off you're were hoping/stupid if you thought a 9800XT->GF6600 was a
*worthwhile* upgrade. Yes the 6600 would be faster in some instances but
surely not by enough to warrant the cash spent on the upgrade!

I know two friends who have both upgraded to XFX 6600GT and neither of them
have had any issues. One is very pleased with the performance and the other
finds it an acceptable improvement. He went from a 4200 up to a 6600GT but
his CPU holds his card back somewhat.

"Nocturnal" <nocturnal@removeme.com> wrote in message
> I owned an XFX 6600GT and it was defective. I returned it and kept my
> 9800XT. I've spoken to a few others who have said that they experienced
> nothing but problems with their XFX card.
>
> Who here has had GOOD results with an XFX card?

I have an XFX 6600 GT and 'tis been fine. I know of two others who bought
the same card at the same time and they're running fine as well.

wrote:

>Who here has had GOOD results with an XFX card?

No problems here.

Roughly *double* the frame rates of my previous card, a 9800 Pro.

--
Cheers,

Guy

"Reckless" <reckless@nospam.com> wrote in message
> 1st off you're were hoping/stupid if you thought a 9800XT->GF6600 was a
> *worthwhile* upgrade. Yes the 6600 would be faster in some instances but
> surely not by enough to warrant the cash spent on the upgrade!

the 6600gt is a generation above and beyond the 9800, its a worthwhile
upgrade

> I know two friends who have both upgraded to XFX 6600GT and neither of
> them
> have had any issues. One is very pleased with the performance and the
> other
> finds it an acceptable improvement. He went from a 4200 up to a 6600GT but
> his CPU holds his card back somewhat.
>
> "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@removeme.com> wrote in message
>> I owned an XFX 6600GT and it was defective. I returned it and kept my
>> 9800XT. I've spoken to a few others who have said that they experienced
>> nothing but problems with their XFX card.
>>
>> Who here has had GOOD results with an XFX card?

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

Not me! Have you checked their forums? Nothing but complaints.

Gus

Iain Dingsdale wrote:
> "Reckless" <reckless@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>1st off you're were hoping/stupid if you thought a 9800XT->GF6600 was a
>>*worthwhile* upgrade. Yes the 6600 would be faster in some instances but
>>surely not by enough to warrant the cash spent on the upgrade!
>

> the 6600gt is a generation above and beyond the 9800, its a worthwhile
> upgrade

I totaly agree with you. The 6600GT is faster/better and not stupid in
thinking that 9800XT->6600GT.

>>I know two friends who have both upgraded to XFX 6600GT and neither of
>>them
>>have had any issues. One is very pleased with the performance and the
>>other
>>finds it an acceptable improvement. He went from a 4200 up to a 6600GT but
>>his CPU holds his card back somewhat.
>>
>>"Nocturnal" <nocturnal@removeme.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I owned an XFX 6600GT and it was defective. I returned it and kept my
>>>9800XT. I've spoken to a few others who have said that they experienced
>>>nothing but problems with their XFX card.
>>>
>>>Who here has had GOOD results with an XFX card?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

What forum?

DaveL

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:09:27 -0500, "Gus" <gus@123456.net> wrote:

>Not me! Have you checked their forums? Nothing but complaints.

Forums tend not to be full of postings saying that there have not been
any problems <g>!

--
Cheers,

Guy

I'm ok with my XFX 6800 ... 3d gaming is good (71.24 drivers on XP), 2d is
good (XP, 98), the 2nd output drives my projector just fine (DLP 1024
x768x85hz), rivatuner opens up 16 pipes and 6 shaders ... and it's clocked
450MHz and 900MHz. I got my moneys worth outta this card.

"Nocturnal" <nocturnal@removeme.com> wrote in message
> I owned an XFX 6600GT and it was defective. I returned it and kept my
> 9800XT. I've spoken to a few others who have said that they experienced
> nothing but problems with their XFX card.
>
> Who here has had GOOD results with an XFX card?

I have an XFX 6800GT and have had no problems at all. Very quiet too.
Never tried overclocking as I'm a bit CPU limited anyway.

The reason I chose XFX is because I wanted dual DVI outputs. At the
time I was therefore limted to XFX or Gainward. XFX was significantly
cheaper, although I think the Gainward is a little overclocked out of
the box.