71.84 - Custom quality settings

Is it my imagination or did they remove the ability to create custom
settings on a per-game basis with the 71.84 driver?

Also, the last several version I've had trouble getting the darn taskbar
icon to remember if it's enabled or not. It pops in and out after every
reboot, and I always have it selected.

I change the FSAA and other setting frequently, so if there's another way to
access these setting with a minimum of clicks I'd appreciate it.

TIA,

Daryl

--

Replace "nobody" with "d.m.k" to e-mail me

"Daryl Krzewinski" <nobody@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Is it my imagination or did they remove the ability to create custom
> settings on a per-game basis with the 71.84 driver?
>
> Also, the last several version I've had trouble getting the darn taskbar
> icon to remember if it's enabled or not. It pops in and out after every
> reboot, and I always have it selected.
>
> I change the FSAA and other setting frequently, so if there's another way
> to access these setting with a minimum of clicks I'd appreciate it.
>
> TIA,
>
> Daryl

The custom settings feature still functions fine, at least on my setup:

BFG 6600GT OC 128Mb AGP w/71.84
525MHz Core, 1.05GHz Memory - Factory overclocked
555MHz Core, 1.11GHz Memory - Using "detect optimal frequencies" feature

I haven't had the icon issue happen. I'd try a re-install after running
Detonator R.I.P., maybe that'll help.

!bungle

DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb
w/stock BIOS 9/14
AMD64 3200+ Newcastle CG
2X512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200
BFG GeForce 6600GT OC AGP 8X w/128MB DDR3
w/ForceWare 71.84
2X60GB Maxtor SATA HD RAID 0
Artec DVD/CDRW 52X
Ultra ULT-31646 500W w/CPS
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Aircooled
Saitek PC Gaming KB
Logitech MX510
Envision EFT920
Logitech X-230
Windows XP SP2

JS

"Daryl Krzewinski" <nobody@earthlink.net> wrote in

> Is it my imagination or did they remove the ability to create custom
> settings on a per-game basis with the 71.84 driver?
>
> Also, the last several version I've had trouble getting the darn
> taskbar icon to remember if it's enabled or not. It pops in and out
> after every reboot, and I always have it selected.
>
> I change the FSAA and other setting frequently, so if there's another
> way to access these setting with a minimum of clicks I'd appreciate
> it.
>
> TIA,
>
> Daryl

Get NVTweak

http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/

Check 'Application Profiles Page' on the right side.