nVidia Geforce 71.84 Forceware driver problem

I recently downloaded the lastest driver from nVidia and upon install I
received a blue screen saying the driver got stuck in an infinte loop.

I am currently running:

Two nVidia Geforce FX5200 128MB (one PCI, one AGP)

The problem only occurs when both cards are in the machine. I removed
one card and installed and updated the driver successfully and then
removed it and successfully did the same with the other card.

The machine boots into windows sometimes, but upon trying to enable the
second screen I receive the blue screen.

Current Setup:

2.79 GHz Pentium 4 Sony Vaio
Two nVidia Geforce FX5200 128MB (one PCI, one AGP)
1GB RAM

Any help is appreciated...

My machine has Windows XP Pro SP2

Here's some more information from the blue screen, if it helps:

Tech info:

Stop: 0x000000EA(0x85FE7418, 0x865A6860, 0xF706ECBC, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp

beginning dump of physical memory
dump complete

I removed the current nVidia driver's and tried installing the 66.93
drivers instead of the 71.84 in safe mode and I encounter the same
problem. I currently have the 61.77 drivers installed on the machine.

"SLeagle328" <rosinscj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My machine has Windows XP Pro SP2
>
> Here's some more information from the blue screen, if it helps:
>
> Tech info:
>
> Stop: 0x000000EA(0x85FE7418, 0x865A6860, 0xF706ECBC, 0x00000001)
>
> nv4_disp
>
> beginning dump of physical memory
> dump complete

Try removing the nVidia WMD driver if there is one installed and then
install the 71.84 driver in Safe Mode. I got BSODs during boot up and they
showed a different STOP report, but doing the above might work for you, too.

Tony.

I tried ur suggestion to with no success, I also thought perhaps a
driver cleaner would help remove some conflicting file perhaps, that
didn't work either. I also found a beta driver from Guru3D.com 76.41,
but that also has the same issue. Again, these drivers work fine with
one card in at a time, or even both in and one monitor enabled. But as
soon as the second monitor is enabled through windows the computer
hangs and flips to a blue screen.

Then I tried redownloading my old drivers (61.77) to see if it was
something that changed in the installer or the download process. But
these drivers work perfect.

I appreciate your help!

>I removed the current nVidia driver's and tried installing the 66.93
> drivers instead of the 71.84 in safe mode and I encounter the same
> problem. I currently have the 61.77 drivers installed on the machine.

My only other suggestion is to make sure nothing is overclocked. Load the
BIOS defaults and save them, set the vid card's core/mem clock settings to
normal if they aren't already, then try installing the drivers in Safe Mode.

Tony.

Could be not enough juice to run both cards.

> I recently downloaded the lastest driver from nVidia and upon install I
> received a blue screen saying the driver got stuck in an infinte loop.
>
> I am currently running:
>
> Two nVidia Geforce FX5200 128MB (one PCI, one AGP)
>
> The problem only occurs when both cards are in the machine. I removed
> one card and installed and updated the driver successfully and then
> removed it and successfully did the same with the other card.
>
> The machine boots into windows sometimes, but upon trying to enable the
> second screen I receive the blue screen.
>
> Current Setup:
>
> 2.79 GHz Pentium 4 Sony Vaio
> Two nVidia Geforce FX5200 128MB (one PCI, one AGP)
> 1GB RAM
>

> Any help is appreciated...

The power supply currently runs both cards just fine, would a driver
update change this?