Suspected Problem with my new 6600GT

Hello all,

Looking for some advice.

When running 3DMark05 or playing Silent Hunter 3 I suddenly lose my
video.

It's as though someone unplugged the VGA cable.

I have a brand new 6600GT on a ASUS7V333 M/B, 512M RAM, DirectX 9.0c

Suddenly occured to me the 6600 may be at fault.

Ive looked for some diags but cannot find any on the web so am hoping
some of you chaps chaps can shed some light.

Many thanks.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:32:49 GMT, luckyjim1001@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Looking for some advice.
>
>When running 3DMark05 or playing Silent Hunter 3 I suddenly lose my
>video.
>
>It's as though someone unplugged the VGA cable.
>
>I have a brand new 6600GT on a ASUS7V333 M/B, 512M RAM, DirectX 9.0c
>
>Suddenly occured to me the 6600 may be at fault.
>
>Ive looked for some diags but cannot find any on the web so am hoping
>some of you chaps chaps can shed some light.
>
>Many thanks.

Forgot to mention Running ForceWare 71.84

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:32:49 GMT, luckyjim1001@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Looking for some advice.
>
>When running 3DMark05 or playing Silent Hunter 3 I suddenly lose my
>video.
>
>It's as though someone unplugged the VGA cable.
>
>I have a brand new 6600GT on a ASUS7V333 M/B, 512M RAM, DirectX 9.0c
>
>Suddenly occured to me the 6600 may be at fault.
>
>Ive looked for some diags but cannot find any on the web so am hoping
>some of you chaps chaps can shed some light.
>
>Many thanks.
I have SHIII on order now. I am looking at the 6600GT to upgrade my
current 5200 card. I know there are a couple of issues w/ the 6000
series and SHIII (F/I the spray issue) but mostly driver related I
think. How does your's look before it bugs out? Should I wait for new
drivers? Or look for a different card? TIA
Cheers.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:47:26 -0500, Charles Warlick
<surferx@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:32:49 GMT, luckyjim1001@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>Looking for some advice.
>>
>>When running 3DMark05 or playing Silent Hunter 3 I suddenly lose my
>>video.
>>
>>It's as though someone unplugged the VGA cable.
>>
>>I have a brand new 6600GT on a ASUS7V333 M/B, 512M RAM, DirectX 9.0c
>>
>>Suddenly occured to me the 6600 may be at fault.
>>
>>Ive looked for some diags but cannot find any on the web so am hoping
>>some of you chaps chaps can shed some light.
>>
>>Many thanks.
>I have SHIII on order now. I am looking at the 6600GT to upgrade my
>current 5200 card. I know there are a couple of issues w/ the 6000
>series and SHIII (F/I the spray issue) but mostly driver related I
>think. How does your's look before it bugs out? Should I wait for new
>drivers? Or look for a different card? TIA
>Cheers.

to be honest I have never got that far into it. Map screen seems to
last longest but then again I have had it bum out in the initial menu
pick.

I was thinking of reloading my old 4200 but cannot really be bothered.

It works well enough in every other game I have and in normal ervery
day use. Just wondered if anyone else had seen this sympton on a
faulty card

Are you playing yer games with a gamepad? If you are it could simply be the
monitor going to standby while you play with yer gamepad. Does moving the
mouse bring the display back?

<luckyjim1001@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Looking for some advice.
>
> When running 3DMark05 or playing Silent Hunter 3 I suddenly lose my
> video.
>
> It's as though someone unplugged the VGA cable.
>
> I have a brand new 6600GT on a ASUS7V333 M/B, 512M RAM, DirectX 9.0c
>
> Suddenly occured to me the 6600 may be at fault.
>
> Ive looked for some diags but cannot find any on the web so am hoping
> some of you chaps chaps can shed some light.
>
> Many thanks.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:20:57 GMT, "Sharanga Dayananda"
<sharanga@gmail.com> wrote:

>Are you playing yer games with a gamepad? If you are it could simply be the
>monitor going to standby while you play with yer gamepad. Does moving the
>mouse bring the display back?
>

><luckyjim1001@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Looking for some advice.
>>
>> When running 3DMark05 or playing Silent Hunter 3 I suddenly lose my
>> video.
>>
>> It's as though someone unplugged the VGA cable.
>>
>> I have a brand new 6600GT on a ASUS7V333 M/B, 512M RAM, DirectX 9.0c
>>
>> Suddenly occured to me the 6600 may be at fault.
>>
>> Ive looked for some diags but cannot find any on the web so am hoping
>> some of you chaps chaps can shed some light.
>>
>> Many thanks.

Many thanks but no to all of that. No Gamepad - No To moving mouse
bringing it back to life.

Very strange

SurferX

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:39:20 GMT, luckyjim1001@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>to be honest I have never got that far into it. Map screen seems to
>last longest but then again I have had it bum out in the initial menu
>pick.
>
>I was thinking of reloading my old 4200 but cannot really be bothered.
>
>It works well enough in every other game I have and in normal ervery
>day use. Just wondered if anyone else had seen this sympton on a
>faulty card
I just got SHIII in the mail today. I am tempted to hold off playing
it until I can get my new card, maybe tomorrow.
luckyjim, you may get some help by posting a question on the SHIII
message board at Subsim.com forums. People ask for tech help w/ cards
and other issues constantly and receive some good advice. Here's the
direct link if you need it. http://207.44.164.159/phpBB/index.php?c=8