Palit GeForce4 MX440 & Princeton LCD1700 problem

In the BIOS/VESA mode of 720x400, the card is at a 69hz refresh rate (??)
vs. standard of 70hz. At this resolution, the only compatable rate is 70hz.
Thus, I cannot get into the system BIOS to check anything (due to a
scrambled screen). Is there any updated BIOS that I can flash or if I
connect a CRT can I change it? In WinXP, full screen command prompt windows
have the same problems.

Thanks!

Hardware:
Palit GF4 MX440 8X 64MB DDR 64bit TV-out AGP
Princeton LCD 1700

bawol wrote:
> In the BIOS/VESA mode of 720x400, the card is at a 69hz refresh rate (??)
> vs. standard of 70hz. At this resolution, the only compatable rate is 70hz.
> Thus, I cannot get into the system BIOS to check anything (due to a
> scrambled screen). Is there any updated BIOS that I can flash or if I
> connect a CRT can I change it? In WinXP, full screen command prompt windows
> have the same problems.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hardware:
> Palit GF4 MX440 8X 64MB DDR 64bit TV-out AGP
> Princeton LCD 1700

I don't know if there's much that can be done about that with this
combination.. must be an awfully picky monitor if it's unable to display
if the refresh rate is 1 Hz off..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada