HELP! Using Elsa 3D glasses with Nvidia GeForce 4 video ca..

Greetings-

I purchased some 3D DVD's from eBay while back and finally got a DVD burner
and decided I wanted to watch these on my PC

How do I get the Elsa Revelator 3D glasses to 'turn on' when I watch one of
the DVD's?

The Hot Keys through the Nvidia Stereo application don't turn on the
glasses.

Is there another application I can download that will force the glasses to
turn on so I can use them with the movies?

Thanks!
Erik
6 answers Last reply
More about help elsa glasses nvidia geforce video

    Hi,

    I have bought a pair of E-D 3d glasses but that was just for games so I
    didn't invest much time into dvd playing software.
    What I can remember is that they had a program called 'vr show'.

    Here is some information about it:
    http://shop.rightthing.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42

    Looking at the description it seems it's ment for conversion and such except
    for the last part of the description.
    Although '3d slideshows and presentations' doesn't sound like it's for
    movies.

    I've just mailed those fellows if they can give some more info about this
    subject. I'll forward it here when I get a response from them.

    How much do you like those Elsa glasses by the way?
    With E-D glasses I see 'ghost images' when watching fast movements, for
    example with bright objects in a dark unreal tournament level.
    I think those glasses have a problem with very bright on very dark or maybe
    it's the quality of my monitor (iiyama diamontron, refresh rate 140Hz.).
    Do you have some ideas about this?

    regards,
    Marcel

    "VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> schreef in bericht
    > Greetings-
    >
    > I purchased some 3D DVD's from eBay while back and finally got a DVD
    burner
    > and decided I wanted to watch these on my PC
    >
    > How do I get the Elsa Revelator 3D glasses to 'turn on' when I watch one
    of
    > the DVD's?
    >
    > The Hot Keys through the Nvidia Stereo application don't turn on the
    > glasses.
    >
    > Is there another application I can download that will force the glasses to
    > turn on so I can use them with the movies?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Erik

    Yeah I need some type of program that will trick the glasses to be on even
    if its just the Desktop... Not sure why the PowerDVD software doesn't kick
    the glasses on.

    The 3D Stereo NVidia drivers don't work on my Windows 2000 which is odd
    since the drivers are for XP/2000

    Maybe I should just give up and put Windows XP Pro on this box.

    The glasses seem to work ok except there is still flicker - especially with
    bright backgrounds.... I don't think that will ever go away. Seems like when
    using them with games you have to 'tweak' the settings a lot to get a decent
    effect. It would be cool if they could perfect the 3D technology so it works
    as smooth as it did at the theaters.

    Also would be awesome if they could design some mod hardware so you can use
    3D glasses on projection/large screen TV's.

    I notice some ghost movement like the 3D doesn't come together right. I
    would like to try out the 3D converter kit for CRT TV's that converts all
    video along with all game systems into 3D.

    Erik

    "Marcel Overweel" <moverweel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have bought a pair of E-D 3d glasses but that was just for games so I
    > didn't invest much time into dvd playing software.
    > What I can remember is that they had a program called 'vr show'.
    >
    > Here is some information about it:
    > http://shop.rightthing.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42
    >
    > Looking at the description it seems it's ment for conversion and such
    except
    > for the last part of the description.
    > Although '3d slideshows and presentations' doesn't sound like it's for
    > movies.
    >
    > I've just mailed those fellows if they can give some more info about this
    > subject. I'll forward it here when I get a response from them.
    >
    > How much do you like those Elsa glasses by the way?
    > With E-D glasses I see 'ghost images' when watching fast movements, for
    > example with bright objects in a dark unreal tournament level.
    > I think those glasses have a problem with very bright on very dark or
    maybe
    > it's the quality of my monitor (iiyama diamontron, refresh rate 140Hz.).
    > Do you have some ideas about this?
    >
    > regards,
    > Marcel
    >

    > "VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> schreef in bericht
    > > Greetings-
    > >
    > > I purchased some 3D DVD's from eBay while back and finally got a DVD
    > burner
    > > and decided I wanted to watch these on my PC
    > >
    > > How do I get the Elsa Revelator 3D glasses to 'turn on' when I watch one
    > of
    > > the DVD's?
    > >
    > > The Hot Keys through the Nvidia Stereo application don't turn on the
    > > glasses.
    > >
    > > Is there another application I can download that will force the glasses
    > > turn on so I can use them with the movies?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > Erik

    Hello,

    I'm using the latest 71.84 with the free stereoscopic player

    http://mitglied.lycos.de/stereo3d/

    It's great!

    "VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]
    > maybe
    >> it's the quality of my monitor (iiyama diamontron, refresh rate 140Hz.).
    >> Do you have some ideas about this?
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> Marcel
    >>

    >> "VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> schreef in bericht
    >> > Greetings-
    >> >
    >> > I purchased some 3D DVD's from eBay while back and finally got a DVD
    >> burner
    >> > and decided I wanted to watch these on my PC
    >> >
    >> > How do I get the Elsa Revelator 3D glasses to 'turn on' when I watch
    >> > one
    >> of
    >> > the DVD's?
    >> >
    >> > The Hot Keys through the Nvidia Stereo application don't turn on the
    >> > glasses.
    >> >
    >> > Is there another application I can download that will force the glasses
    >> > turn on so I can use them with the movies?

    I've just seen these 3D glasses on eBay but I think they were a
    different make. I was amazed I didn't know they even existed.

    Although I'm not an expert, I did notice a few things on the one's I
    saw that may be of some significance. It says they work with any
    DirectX or OpenGL game. To get them to work with DVD's I suggest you
    try turning on the option on the software that says something like
    use hardware to process video or something like use DirectX for video
    display. Try finding those options and try the different combinations
    of themtry them out on full screen mode if it doesn't do anything
    when not on full screen mode.

    In the version of PowerDVD that I have if you right click on the
    screen and choose configuration then click on video there is an
    option for enable hardware acceleration.

    I always remember that if I took screenshots of video that was running
    when these options were running it would just be a blank image because
    of it using the video card or something.

    Hope this helps. :-)

    You can't see the stereo effect with any dvd software.
    You'll have to take the program i've been writing about.
    You'll have to use an 3d dvd like imax films.
    Then you'll have to set the otions in the stereoscopic player.
    It looks great, believe me.

    "penguin666" <penguin666@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:e425e$42547380$455da0d2$27954@allthenewsgroups.com...
    > I've just seen these 3D glasses on eBay but I think they were a
    > different make. I was amazed I didn't know they even existed.
    >
    > Although I'm not an expert, I did notice a few things on the one's I
    > saw that may be of some significance. It says they work with any
    > DirectX or OpenGL game. To get them to work with DVD's I suggest you
    > try turning on the option on the software that says something like
    > use hardware to process video or something like use DirectX for video
    > display. Try finding those options and try the different combinations
    > of themtry them out on full screen mode if it doesn't do anything
    > when not on full screen mode.
    >
    > In the version of PowerDVD that I have if you right click on the
    > screen and choose configuration then click on video there is an
    > option for enable hardware acceleration.
    >
    > I always remember that if I took screenshots of video that was running
    > when these options were running it would just be a blank image because
    > of it using the video card or something.
    >
    > Hope this helps. :-)

    Thanks for the link!
    I'll gonne try it out a.s.a.p.

    regards,
    Marcel

    "Dirk Pajonk" <nomorespam@onlinehome.de> schreef in bericht
> [...]
    http://shop.rightthing.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42

    > >> Looking at the description it seems it's ment for conversion and such
    > > except
    > >> for the last part of the description.
    > >> Although '3d slideshows and presentations' doesn't sound like it's for
    > >> movies.
    > >>
    > >> I've just mailed those fellows if they can give some more info about
    this
    > >> subject. I'll forward it here when I get a response from them.
    > >>
    > >> How much do you like those Elsa glasses by the way?
    > >> With E-D glasses I see 'ghost images' when watching fast movements, for
    > >> example with bright objects in a dark unreal tournament level.
    > >> I think those glasses have a problem with very bright on very dark or
    > > maybe
    > >> it's the quality of my monitor (iiyama diamontron, refresh rate

Nvidia DVD 3D Graphics