Refresh rates with 71.84

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

Just installed this drivers I can't find away to specify the refresh rate
for each combination of resolution / color depth as I use to do with the
older drivers. There was table now replaced with "Custom resolution and
refresh rates" that I found nopt straightforward to use... If I add a custom
res where does it go ? How do I see a list ?

MaSTeR wrote:

> Just installed this drivers I can't find away to specify the refresh rate
> for each combination of resolution / color depth as I use to do with the
> older drivers. There was table now replaced with "Custom resolution and
> refresh rates" that I found nopt straightforward to use... If I add a custom
> res where does it go ? How do I see a list ?

As always, the registry handles refresh rates at different screen
resolutions for most purposes. These can easily be set from the Desktop
on the Adapter tab.

Or did you mean setting overrides for DirectX?

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> MaSTeR wrote:
>
>> Just installed this drivers I can't find away to specify the refresh rate
>> for each combination of resolution / color depth as I use to do with the
>> older drivers. There was table now replaced with "Custom resolution and
>> refresh rates" that I found nopt straightforward to use... If I add a
>> custom res where does it go ? How do I see a list ?
>>

> As always, the registry handles refresh rates at different screen
> resolutions for most purposes. These can easily be set from the Desktop on
> the Adapter tab.
>
> Or did you mean setting overrides for DirectX?

Yes the directX.

MaSTeR wrote:

> "Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
>>MaSTeR wrote:
>>

>>>Just installed this drivers I can't find away to specify the refresh rate
>>>for each combination of resolution / color depth as I use to do with the
>>>older drivers. There was table now replaced with "Custom resolution and
>>>refresh rates" that I found nopt straightforward to use... If I add a
>>>custom res where does it go ? How do I see a list ?
>>>

>>As always, the registry handles refresh rates at different screen
>>resolutions for most purposes. These can easily be set from the Desktop on
>>the Adapter tab.
>>
>>Or did you mean setting overrides for DirectX?
>

> Yes the directX.

If you use a single resolution for DirectX games, you can select an
overide rate from DxDiag; part of the DirectX package.

default

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003

The refresh rate override list is missing in 71.84 because of a missing
registry entry and the default is now for it to be disabled if unspecified.
Just add it back yourself. Here are a few settings to add more pages to the
driver. There are others as well.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:00000007
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAdditionalInfoPage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableDesktopOverlapPage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableScreenMenuPage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableTroubleshootingPage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplDisableRefreshRatePage"=dword:00000000
"NvCplCustomResConfig"=dword:00000000

"MaSTeR" <sorry@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just installed this drivers I can't find away to specify the refresh rate
> for each combination of resolution / color depth as I use to do with the
> older drivers. There was table now replaced with "Custom resolution and
> refresh rates" that I found nopt straightforward to use... If I add a
> custom res where does it go ? How do I see a list ?

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

Thanks, this helped a lot ;-)