pci-express into pci slot? triple nvidia on linux?

dear nvidia-experts:

is it possible to buy an nvidia pci-express graphics card, and use it
in a pci slot (at lower bus speed)?

i have an agp based machine running linux on a 6800AGP for another 6
months or so. I am thinking about adding a second graphics card in
order to try out whether I can get three monitors to work. it would be
nice if I could purchase a card that I can take along to my next
computer...

/iaw
1 answer Last reply
More about express slot triple nvidia linux

    In article <1112060038.708554.219240@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    ivo.welch@anderson.ucla.edu says...
    > dear nvidia-experts:
    >
    > is it possible to buy an nvidia pci-express graphics card, and use it
    > in a pci slot (at lower bus speed)?
    >
    > i have an agp based machine running linux on a 6800AGP for another 6
    > months or so. I am thinking about adding a second graphics card in
    > order to try out whether I can get three monitors to work. it would be
    > nice if I could purchase a card that I can take along to my next
    > computer...
    >
    > /iaw

    No. They're two entirely different animals.

    Bill

Nvidia PCI Express PCI Graphics Cards Linux Graphics