pci-express into pci slot? triple nvidia on linux?

dear nvidia-experts:

is it possible to buy an nvidia pci-express graphics card, and use it
in a pci slot (at lower bus speed)?

i have an agp based machine running linux on a 6800AGP for another 6
months or so. I am thinking about adding a second graphics card in
order to try out whether I can get three monitors to work. it would be
nice if I could purchase a card that I can take along to my next
computer...

/iaw

bill

In article <1112060038.708554.219240@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
ivo.welch@anderson.ucla.edu says...
> dear nvidia-experts:
>
> is it possible to buy an nvidia pci-express graphics card, and use it
> in a pci slot (at lower bus speed)?
>
> i have an agp based machine running linux on a 6800AGP for another 6
> months or so. I am thinking about adding a second graphics card in
> order to try out whether I can get three monitors to work. it would be
> nice if I could purchase a card that I can take along to my next
> computer...
>
> /iaw

No. They're two entirely different animals.

Bill