best high-performance graphics card found?

Hello all,

Found the award 2004 from Tom's Hardware where the best innovation
in Graphic cards is NVidia 6800 and best GC brand is ASUS:

http://www4.tomshardware.com/business/20050201/readers_choice-03.html

Hence my best bet for my new high performance card can not be
anything else than (taratatannnn):

ASUS NVidia 6800 Ultra PCI-E ...

Objections?

Best Regards,
Giovanni
18 answers Last reply
More about best high performance graphics card found

    Hello Giovanni,

    If money is no object you want the best maybe wait a month. Do an
    Internet search for ATI Raptor R520.

    Ak

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:28:34 +0100, "Giovanni Azua"
    <bravegag@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >Found the award 2004 from Tom's Hardware where the best innovation
    >in Graphic cards is NVidia 6800 and best GC brand is ASUS:
    >
    >http://www4.tomshardware.com/business/20050201/readers_choice-03.html
    >
    >Hence my best bet for my new high performance card can not be
    >anything else than (taratatannnn):
    >
    >ASUS NVidia 6800 Ultra PCI-E ...
    >
    >Objections?
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >Giovanni

    Raptor? Isn't that name already taken by Western Digital? ATI could have
    been a little more original. But this is par for ATI lately.

    DaveL

    DaveL <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote:
    > Raptor? Isn't that name already taken by Western Digital? ATI could
    > have been a little more original. But this is par for ATI lately.

    It's worse than that -- there's already a Raptor series of video cards (for
    Sun workstations, but it still creates confusion):

    http://www.techsource.com/products/Sun_PCI/sun_pci.html

    Seems to me like Tech Source will have a reason to sue ATI over this.

    Regards,
    --
    *Art

    > If money is no object you want the best maybe wait a month. Do an
    > Internet search for ATI Raptor R520.

    Haha. No way that is coming out in a month or even six months.

    rms

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >> If money is no object you want the best maybe wait a month. Do an
    >> Internet search for ATI Raptor R520.
    >
    > Haha. No way that is coming out in a month or even six months.
    >
    > rms

    They've announced the design, but haven't gone to mask with it.

    Nevertheless EVGA gets better customer reviews all the time ...

    http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0

    "Giovanni Azua" <bravegag@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Found the award 2004 from Tom's Hardware where the best innovation
    > in Graphic cards is NVidia 6800 and best GC brand is ASUS:
    >
    > http://www4.tomshardware.com/business/20050201/readers_choice-03.html
    >
    > Hence my best bet for my new high performance card can not be
    > anything else than (taratatannnn):
    >
    > ASUS NVidia 6800 Ultra PCI-E ...
    >
    > Objections?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Giovanni

    Actually

    http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&Range=1&DEPA=0&bop=and&description=NVidia+6800+Ultra&InnerManu=1402

    > Nevertheless EVGA gets better customer reviews all the time ...
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0
    >
    > "Giovanni Azua" <bravegag@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Found the award 2004 from Tom's Hardware where the best innovation
    >> in Graphic cards is NVidia 6800 and best GC brand is ASUS:
    >>
    >> http://www4.tomshardware.com/business/20050201/readers_choice-03.html
    >>
    >> Hence my best bet for my new high performance card can not be
    >> anything else than (taratatannnn):
    >>
    >> ASUS NVidia 6800 Ultra PCI-E ...
    >>
    >> Objections?
    >>
    >> Best Regards,
    >> Giovanni

    He's looking for PCI-E, btw.

    --
    Scott Swain
    512-497-4841

    > Actually
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&Range=1&DEPA=0&bop=and&description=NVidia+6800+Ultra&InnerManu=1402
    >
    > "Giovanni Azua" <bravegag@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Nevertheless EVGA gets better customer reviews all the time ...
    >>
    >> http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0
    >>
    >> "Giovanni Azua" <bravegag@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello all,
    >>>
    >>> Found the award 2004 from Tom's Hardware where the best innovation
    >>> in Graphic cards is NVidia 6800 and best GC brand is ASUS:
    >>>
    >>> http://www4.tomshardware.com/business/20050201/readers_choice-03.html
    >>>
    >>> Hence my best bet for my new high performance card can not be
    >>> anything else than (taratatannnn):
    >>>
    >>> ASUS NVidia 6800 Ultra PCI-E ...
    >>>
    >>> Objections?
    >>>
    >>> Best Regards,
    >>> Giovanni

    Hi Scooter,

    You mean I am looking for PCI-E yep true :)

    The newegg reviews include also the PCI-E with top scoring
    for EVGA and surprisingly not so for ASUS ...

    Regards,
    Giovanni

    "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
    > He's looking for PCI-E, btw.
    > --
    > Scott Swain
    > 512-497-4841
    > http://oceanMedia.net

    Well, I dont throw money but I like to get best value ... so I have
    been waiting and tracking prices like a hawk for two months already
    and no one cent drop for that card (which also somehow corroborates
    it is the best) ... the opposite yes the ASUS 6800 Ultra runs out of stock
    all
    the time ...

    Regards,
    Giovanni

    Alfred Kaufmann wrote:

    > If money is no object you want the best maybe wait a month. Do an
    > Internet search for ATI Raptor R520.

    If money is no object and You want Your highend card now You also can get a
    Quadro FX 4400 w. 512MB:

    http://nvidia.com/page/qfx_uhe.html

    Benjamin
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Benjamin Gawert" <bgawert@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Alfred Kaufmann wrote:
    >
    >> If money is no object you want the best maybe wait a month. Do an
    >> Internet search for ATI Raptor R520.
    >
    > If money is no object and You want Your highend card now You also can get
    > a Quadro FX 4400 w. 512MB:
    >
    > http://nvidia.com/page/qfx_uhe.html
    >
    > Benjamin

    Professional card, or gaming, or both?
    http://3dlabs.com/products/product.asp?prod=293
    3DLabs Realizm 800
    Fully reprogrammable
    OpenGL 2.0
    OpenGL 1.5+Shading languages
    DX9.0 HLSL VS 2.0 PS 3.0
    640MB GDDR3 total memory (512 unified w/512-bit BUS, 128 DirectBurst
    w/128-bit BUS)

    It's a wet dream ;)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    i am going to give you my opinion on best card and prices if that is
    what is holding you back. i recently purchased the 6800gt LEADTEK
    "all you leadtek haters can flame me all you want" and i love it!
    mine is overclocked to 415core 1.06 memory 51c idle gameplay my card
    hits up to 65c and let me tell you this puppy screams with my p4 3.4e
    now if money is the problem get the GT model cause it can be
    overclocked very well and VERY stable. NOW... if you got money to
    throw around like a rich bastard i would get
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-483&depa=1t
    the X850 Sapphire flame that all you want this card pawns!! anyway i
    am only trying to help and give out more ideas and options i hope
    this can help on your pick to a brand new video card GL

    pS there are alot of other cards that are great aswell look around
    :idea:
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Luc Monod wrote:

    >> If money is no object and You want Your highend card now You also
    >> can get a Quadro FX 4400 w. 512MB:
    >>
    >> http://nvidia.com/page/qfx_uhe.html
    >>
    >> Benjamin
    >
    > Professional card, or gaming, or both?

    With the Quadro You can do both...

    > http://3dlabs.com/products/product.asp?prod=293
    > 3DLabs Realizm 800
    > Fully reprogrammable
    > OpenGL 2.0
    > OpenGL 1.5+Shading languages
    > DX9.0 HLSL VS 2.0 PS 3.0
    > 640MB GDDR3 total memory (512 unified w/512-bit BUS, 128 DirectBurst
    > w/128-bit BUS)
    >
    > It's a wet dream ;)

    For me not, we have some of them at work. The 3D performance is poor, even
    worse than a FireGL X1-256p (which is a Radeon 9700 Pro). We also have
    several FX4400. I'd always choose the Quadro over any product from 3DLabs...

    Benjamin
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > Luc Monod wrote:
    >
    >>> If money is no object and You want Your highend card now You also
    >>> can get a Quadro FX 4400 w. 512MB:
    >>>
    >>> http://nvidia.com/page/qfx_uhe.html
    >>>
    >>> Benjamin
    >>
    >> Professional card, or gaming, or both?
    >
    > With the Quadro You can do both...
    >
    >> http://3dlabs.com/products/product.asp?prod=293
    >> 3DLabs Realizm 800
    >> Fully reprogrammable
    >> OpenGL 2.0
    >> OpenGL 1.5+Shading languages
    >> DX9.0 HLSL VS 2.0 PS 3.0
    >> 640MB GDDR3 total memory (512 unified w/512-bit BUS, 128 DirectBurst
    >> w/128-bit BUS)
    >>
    >> It's a wet dream ;)
    >
    > For me not, we have some of them at work. The 3D performance is poor, even
    > worse than a FireGL X1-256p (which is a Radeon 9700 Pro). We also have
    > several FX4400. I'd always choose the Quadro over any product from
    > 3DLabs...
    >
    > Benjamin
    I know, for dual apps (Prof & Gaming), Quadros rule...
    I also think a few prof apps have glitches with the ATIs and 3DLabs has
    never listened to gamers when it comes to driver development (Then again,
    how come 3DLabs has only one PCI-E card?)

    --
    Luc Monod
    Engineering Coordinator

    http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/3d_graphic/overview.asp?lineid=1&pronameid=190

    Same chipset as the Asus, but with LeadTek's impeccable analog image
    quality, for those times when you are shooting away at 2048x1536, and 512
    MB.

    Or better yet, get two of them in SLi. 1 GB of video RAM, no waiting...

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Found the award 2004 from Tom's Hardware where the best innovation
    > in Graphic cards is NVidia 6800 and best GC brand is ASUS:
    >
    > http://www4.tomshardware.com/business/20050201/readers_choice-03.html
    >
    > Hence my best bet for my new high performance card can not be
    > anything else than (taratatannnn):
    >
    > ASUS NVidia 6800 Ultra PCI-E ...
    >
    > Objections?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Giovanni

  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    First of One wrote:

    > http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/3d_graphic/overview.asp?lineid=1&pronameid=190
    >
    > Same chipset as the Asus, but with LeadTek's impeccable analog image
    > quality, for those times when you are shooting away at 2048x1536, and
    > 512 MB.

    Nice. But still no Dual-Link DVI...

    > Or better yet, get two of them in SLi. 1 GB of video RAM, no
    > waiting...

    Well, not really. You still only have 512MB since everything is kept double
    in SLI configs...

    Benjamin
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > > Same chipset as the Asus, but with LeadTek's impeccable analog image
    > > quality, for those times when you are shooting away at 2048x1536, and
    > > 512 MB.
    >
    > Nice. But still no Dual-Link DVI...

    True, though DL DVI is not useful unless you have a crazy large flat panel
    like th 31" Apple Cinema, and of course not applicable at all if you plan on
    using a large CRT. Note my reference to analog image quality.

    However, it appears the Quadro 4400 has its memory clocked at 550 MHz, same
    as the 256 MB 6800U, while the 512 MB 6800U runs at 525 MHz. For the
    purposes of this academic discussion, this makes the 4400 slightly faster in
    3D on paper.

    > Well, not really. You still only have 512MB since everything is kept
    double
    > in SLI configs...

    Also true since the 3dfx days. The redundancy is the price for scalable
    memory bandwidth.

Nvidia Asus Performance Graphics Cards Graphics Product