Help! - having problems with Nvidia 6600GT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 30, 2005 9:26:40 PM

I've checked the newgroup and was unable to find this answer.
How in the world do I get 1440x960 to stay with a crt projector?
(Using the vga port by the way)
I tried Nvidia's display control panel and powerstrip.
When using Nvidia's control panel, the pc will only go back to 1440x576.
Right now it's set at 1280x1024.
Is anyone using a Nvidia 6600GT agp card set at 1440x960?
If so, can you please give me step by step instructions on how to make these
settings stay?
The crt projector is an Electrome 9500.
I'm also using the latest version Nvidia driver, 71.84.
The pc is Windows xp with sp2.
Motherboard, Asus P4C800E Deluxe and Intel 3.2
(Oh yeah, this is my Dad's pc so I won't be able to try anymore stuff until
I'm back at his place)
Does anyone know the correct timing settings, horizontal and vertical
settings, back porch, front porch, etc.?

These are the instructions that I used from Nvidia and powerstrip.
I didn't have any luck with the instructions by the way.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=36&p_created=1096923831&p_sid=hxEocCBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yMTAmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li

and

http://www.entechtaiwan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24

More about : problems nvidia 6600gt

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 3:59:14 AM

Try the following - it works on my normal flat panel believe it or not!

Make sure the projector is your current display.

Go to Control Panel -> Display Properties, click on "Settings" Tab, then
"Advanced" button, and choose the "GeForce 660GT" Tab. Highlight "Screen
resolutions & Refresh Rates".

You will see there is a section on this page for Custom Resolutions &
Refresh Rates. Add the resolution you need for your projector 1440x960
at the appropriate refresh rate. You have to accept a disclaimer about
using custom rates - be sure to read it so you understand just in case!

Then click the "Only show custom modes" tickbox and apply your new
refresh rate.

Good luck - hope this solves your problem.

Neil.

In message <AIF2e.1719$Ns7.1704@fe07.lga>, GG <nospam@charter.net>
writes

--
Neil J Bundy
Anonymous

Will let you know when I make the next trip to my Dad's house.
Thx

"Neil J Bundy" <nospam_bubbleman@neil-bundy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Try the following - it works on my normal flat panel believe it or not!
>
> Make sure the projector is your current display.
>
> Go to Control Panel -> Display Properties, click on "Settings" Tab, then
> "Advanced" button, and choose the "GeForce 660GT" Tab. Highlight "Screen
> resolutions & Refresh Rates".
>
> You will see there is a section on this page for Custom Resolutions &
> Refresh Rates. Add the resolution you need for your projector 1440x960 at
> the appropriate refresh rate. You have to accept a disclaimer about using
> custom rates - be sure to read it so you understand just in case!
>
> Then click the "Only show custom modes" tickbox and apply your new refresh
> rate.
>
> Good luck - hope this solves your problem.
>
> Neil.
>
> In message <AIF2e.1719$Ns7.1704@fe07.lga>, GG <nospam@charter.net> writes
>>I've checked the newgroup and was unable to find this answer.
>>How in the world do I get 1440x960 to stay with a crt projector?
>>(Using the vga port by the way)
>>I tried Nvidia's display control panel and powerstrip.
>>When using Nvidia's control panel, the pc will only go back to 1440x576.
>>Right now it's set at 1280x1024.
>>Is anyone using a Nvidia 6600GT agp card set at 1440x960?
>>If so, can you please give me step by step instructions on how to make
>>these
>>settings stay?
>>The crt projector is an Electrome 9500.
>>I'm also using the latest version Nvidia driver, 71.84.
>>The pc is Windows xp with sp2.
>>Motherboard, Asus P4C800E Deluxe and Intel 3.2
>>(Oh yeah, this is my Dad's pc so I won't be able to try anymore stuff
>>until
>>I'm back at his place)
>>Does anyone know the correct timing settings, horizontal and vertical
>>settings, back porch, front porch, etc.?
>>
>>These are the instructions that I used from Nvidia and powerstrip.
>>I didn't have any luck with the instructions by the way.
>>
>>http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.p
>>hp?p_faqid=36&p_created=1096923831&p_sid=hxEocCBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPS
>>ZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yMTAmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li

>>and
>>
>>http://www.entechtaiwan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24
>>

> --
> Neil J Bundy
March 31, 2005 10:54:03 PM

Neil,

Thanks so much!
I just left my Dad's house and what you told me fixed the problem.
Now, I've got another quesiton.
The screen is not positioned correctly.
I tried the following and it worked but once the pc is rebooted it goes back
the way it was before.
I go to screen adjustment and use the right arrow until the screen is
correct.
I click apply then ok.
I even tried save the default profile.
What am I missing this time?
I'm assuming by your website that you are in the UK?
Thanks again for your help.
My Dad was tickled pink!

"Neil J Bundy" <nospam_bubbleman@neil-bundy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Try the following - it works on my normal flat panel believe it or not!
>
> Make sure the projector is your current display.
>
> Go to Control Panel -> Display Properties, click on "Settings" Tab, then
> "Advanced" button, and choose the "GeForce 660GT" Tab. Highlight "Screen
> resolutions & Refresh Rates".
>
> You will see there is a section on this page for Custom Resolutions &
> Refresh Rates. Add the resolution you need for your projector 1440x960 at
> the appropriate refresh rate. You have to accept a disclaimer about using
> custom rates - be sure to read it so you understand just in case!
>
> Then click the "Only show custom modes" tickbox and apply your new refresh
> rate.
>
> Good luck - hope this solves your problem.
>
> Neil.
>
> In message <AIF2e.1719$Ns7.1704@fe07.lga>, GG <nospam@charter.net> writes
>>I've checked the newgroup and was unable to find this answer.
>>How in the world do I get 1440x960 to stay with a crt projector?
>>(Using the vga port by the way)
>>I tried Nvidia's display control panel and powerstrip.
>>When using Nvidia's control panel, the pc will only go back to 1440x576.
>>Right now it's set at 1280x1024.
>>Is anyone using a Nvidia 6600GT agp card set at 1440x960?
>>If so, can you please give me step by step instructions on how to make
>>these
>>settings stay?
>>The crt projector is an Electrome 9500.
>>I'm also using the latest version Nvidia driver, 71.84.
>>The pc is Windows xp with sp2.
>>Motherboard, Asus P4C800E Deluxe and Intel 3.2
>>(Oh yeah, this is my Dad's pc so I won't be able to try anymore stuff
>>until
>>I'm back at his place)
>>Does anyone know the correct timing settings, horizontal and vertical
>>settings, back porch, front porch, etc.?
>>
>>These are the instructions that I used from Nvidia and powerstrip.
>>I didn't have any luck with the instructions by the way.
>>
>>http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.p
>>hp?p_faqid=36&p_created=1096923831&p_sid=hxEocCBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPS
>>ZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yMTAmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li

>>and
>>
>>http://www.entechtaiwan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24
>>

> --
> Neil J Bundy
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 11:04:09 PM

Oops. You are in the United Kingdom.

"GG" <nospam@charter.net> wrote in message news:R503e.72$yL2.22@fe08.lga...
> [...]
>>>these
>>>settings stay?
>>>The crt projector is an Electrome 9500.
>>>I'm also using the latest version Nvidia driver, 71.84.
>>>The pc is Windows xp with sp2.
>>>Motherboard, Asus P4C800E Deluxe and Intel 3.2
>>>(Oh yeah, this is my Dad's pc so I won't be able to try anymore stuff
>>>until
>>>I'm back at his place)
>>>Does anyone know the correct timing settings, horizontal and vertical
>>>settings, back porch, front porch, etc.?
>>>
>>>These are the instructions that I used from Nvidia and powerstrip.
>>>I didn't have any luck with the instructions by the way.
>>>
>>>http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.p
>>>hp?p_faqid=36&p_created=1096923831&p_sid=hxEocCBh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPS
>>>ZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yMTAmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 10:29:20 AM

Neil - I'm not worthy.
I tried modifying the default profile on my Dad's yesterday and it wouldn't
stay but when I did this on my home pc it did.
I also created a test profile on my pc and it worked.
So if push comes to shove I'm create another profile on my Dad's if I can't
get the default profile to stay like I want.
You are the man!!!
It's nice that my Dad doesnt have to use powerstrip now.
I have Nvidia cards in both my pcs and wouldn't even think about using ATI.
I told my Dad that I'd drop by there on Sunday.
Thanks once again!!!!

!