71.84 and refresh rates

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 31, 2005 4:43:46 AM

I just had to upgrade the driver for my son's geforce 2 mx so he could play
a new game but now the highest refresh rate is 75. We had everything running
at 100 beofre. Games work ok, how do I get the higher refres rates?
Thanks.

More about : refresh rates

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 4:44:37 PM

Right Click on Desk Top - then Properties/Settings/Advance - then Monitor
and adjust your Refresh Rate there

HTH
Tom
"Bill Wood" <bcwood@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just had to upgrade the driver for my son's geforce 2 mx so he could play
>a new game but now the highest refresh rate is 75. We had everything
>running at 100 beofre. Games work ok, how do I get the higher refres rates?
>Thanks.

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 9:49:32 PM

Bill Wood wrote:
> I just had to upgrade the driver for my son's geforce 2 mx so he
> could play a new game but now the highest refresh rate is 75. We had
> everything running at 100 beofre. Games work ok, how do I get the
> higher refres rates?

Have you tried installing the monitor driver? Een if it was previously
installed, you may need to reinstall it.
Related resources
March 31, 2005 9:59:52 PM

Install this and you will resolve all of your problems!
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvtweak/

byeZ!

"Bill Wood" <bcwood@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I just had to upgrade the driver for my son's geforce 2 mx so he could play
>a new game but now the highest refresh rate is 75. We had everything
>running at 100 beofre. Games work ok, how do I get the higher refres rates?
>Thanks.

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:17:55 PM

There are no adjustments for refresh rate under monitor properties.
"Tom Dauphin" <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Right Click on Desk Top - then Properties/Settings/Advance - then Monitor
> and adjust your Refresh Rate there
>

> HTH
> Tom
> "Bill Wood" <bcwood@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I just had to upgrade the driver for my son's geforce 2 mx so he could
>>play a new game but now the highest refresh rate is 75. We had everything
>>running at 100 beofre. Games work ok, how do I get the higher refres
>>rates? Thanks.

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:18:53 PM

Yes I reinstalled the monitor drivers GT775 Viewsonic, still can't gwt above
75hz.

"Egil Solberg" <egilso@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bill Wood wrote:
>> I just had to upgrade the driver for my son's geforce 2 mx so he
>> could play a new game but now the highest refresh rate is 75. We had
>> everything running at 100 beofre. Games work ok, how do I get the
>> higher refres rates?
>
> Have you tried installing the monitor driver? Een if it was previously
> installed, you may need to reinstall it.

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:38:43 PM

Yes, reinstalling monitor driver doesn't work.
"Egil Solberg" <egilso@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bill Wood wrote:
>> I just had to upgrade the driver for my son's geforce 2 mx so he
>> could play a new game but now the highest refresh rate is 75. We had
>> everything running at 100 beofre. Games work ok, how do I get the
>> higher refres rates?
>
> Have you tried installing the monitor driver? Een if it was previously
> installed, you may need to reinstall it.

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 5:43:45 AM

The Override refresh rate page in the 71.84 Forceware drivers has been
disabled. This is because it no longer functions properly. nVidia purposely
removed this funtion. you can enable it at your own risk and reducded
performance by adding a new dword under the registry.
NvCplDisableRefreshRatePage Value 0, under the nvtweak heading in the
registry. I would recommend for now you use ReForce instead until nVidia
resolves the issue with their built in refresh rate override function.

!